The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Luckily I don't have any of that stuff. Lots of body washes and cleaning products!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not what your average serial killer has I don't think!!!!!lol.

In my supermarket shop I picked up a free brochure offering lovely overseas holidays. I can't believe how much things cost now. I am so tempted but I must think about keeping my house nice and adding to my savings.

In about one month I will get £125 for changing bank accounts. I am sooo happy.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Aaahh ... maybe the cleaning products are for hiding the evidence ;):D
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 4 March 2017 at 10:38AM
    lol I have 3 victims coming to visit today. Steve and Andy and Crafty Hants all friends from MSE and real life.

Weather is quite bright I might wash some more sheets.

Today is going to be a good day. I am going to ask them to look at garage and see how to move things round so it looks clearer as it has quite a bit of things in it. Then we are breaking the diet and having popcorn chicken and chips as a treat. lol.
  • Sounds great ! Have a lovely day
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 4 March 2017 at 10:18PM
    Hello, in the end I had four people visit today and it was lovely to see them. My dear friend J and also Steve sorted my garage so it looks much better. They all approve of the bookshelves so I didn't waste my money. Yay.

A great day was had by all.

Tomorrow I am going to make a bed. Quickly hoover and mop again and I might clear out my two bedside cabinets from downstairs in readiness for the great bedroom wardrobe dismantling of next week. :j:rotfl::rotfl:

Today was a NSD, the best kind.:D
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    I'm glad to see you're sticking with your priorities SW, it can be tough when your friends earn more than you do but there's no point making life more difficult for yourself by buying something you don't really want anyway. Have you seen the episode of Friends where Monica, Ross and Chandler fall out with Phoebe, Joey and Rachel as the first three earn more than the second three? There's a lot of truth in that situation so interesting that it was picked up in a major TV show like Friends!

With the shelves, it's just a case of prioritising. Worst case scenario you have less in the Christmas fund than you were aiming for, and you spend time on these forums looking up interesting ways to have a more frugal Christmas. Hardly the end of the world :) And I think a tidy garage will be so great for you, whether or not you decide to hide the bodies in there ;)

I'm glad you got to spend time with your friends, both those whom you were able to cheer up and those who were helping you with the house. I'm jealous of how popular you are SW, you always seem to have people round! You are lovely though so it's not really a surprise :)

Hope you're feeling better after your illness during the week x
  • savingwannabe
    edited 5 March 2017 at 6:23PM
    Throat is much better. Yay. I can talk but it hurts. I only have visitors as they know I don't go out so often I get too tired so they all come here. I love them all my friends are so kind.

Today I have some jobs to do:
    1. [STRIKE]washing up,
    [/STRIKE]2. [STRIKE]clean out the soap dispenser bit of the washing machine - yuk,
    [/STRIKE]3. [STRIKE]hoovering
    [/STRIKE]
    Stopping for rest as cream crackered. Am going to have a choc biscuit and then mop.

4.[STRIKE] and mopping as mum and dad are coming tomorrow
    [/STRIKE]
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 March 2017 at 11:51AM
    I am glad your throat is feeling better. It must be your hospital apt soon ? Have a lovely time with your mum and dad don't overdo the talking :silenced: :D

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Mum and dad come tomorrow. So excited and my nieces are coming this week too. I can talk but it hurts. Scan thingy is on Wednesday. I hope they can find out what it is as I want to go back to work. Now that is proof that I am officially nuts.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 5 March 2017 at 7:55PM
    All I have to do is make their bed. I didn't have the energy to clear out the bedside cabinets. I may do that tomorrow if I have the energy.

I am taking the rest of the day off.

All I want to do this week is take down the bedroom wardrobes. I hope it is not a difficult job but mum and dad will do most of it as they are really good at diy stuff.

I have quite a few lessons to write too.

Just seen credit card bills for next month £250 - because of vacuum cleaner (139) and one meal out (41) as well as food. No more going out this month for meals as I am not going to increase my bill.

I can do some day trips on the bus as I have £100 cash to spend.i might put £40 in bank towards the meal as I had a fair bit of fun in my meal.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure