Agri Firma Capital

Comments

• Last year investors managed to stop Agri Firma closing down and we need to do the same again!!
    If you are an investor please contact Companies House to try and protect your investment - if the company closes you will not have a company to claim against.
    There are lots of people watching this blog, I am sure a lot are AF people but I believe there will be some investors. It is time to protect your money and check what you were told against posts people have uncovered on this site. I am sure you will see you were lied to when you invested. You need to stop the company closing and put pressure on Mr Henstock.
  • Good news Agri Firma Capital dissolution has been suspended.

Pressure does work - we need to keep on at the company from all directions!!!
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    good news passingcloud. keep it up:T
  • Thanks

I have no intention of giving up.

Mr Henstock will eventually have to answer investors questions.

1. You haven't purchased any land
    2. You are still selling land you don't own
    3. You still haven't filed any accounts
    4. You are also a director of Capital Alternatives your brokers.
    5. You didn't put up a defence in the recent FCA trial.

and the list goes on and on......................
  • The FCA court action against Mr Henstock and 15 others in relation to their involvement in a rice project in Sierra Leone and forestry carbon credit projects reached a conclusion today with the Judge ruling that the projects are, and always have been, collective investment schemes.

The second issue of misleading investors was not heard and may be prosecuted in the future.

The Agri Firma Capital wheat project in Australia appears to have been structured in the same way as the rice project.
  • planteria
    so they haven't ruled that anything is untoward?
  • I am putting some details up in the hope that it might help investors who have had difficulty in contacting Agri Firma Capital by email, phone or post.

Mr Henstock's home address is The Old Vicarage, Magpie Road, Sulgrave, Banbury OX17 2RU

I have written to him at this address requesting a refund, the letter was signed for by Mrs Henstock.
  • reply to Planteria.

A search on google revealed comments by Andrew Penman of the Daily Mirror on the verdict. The judge stated that he was "uncomfortable" with the disclosure that far more acres of land were sold than they actually owned and that many investors who paid for land on the farm actually have nothing.

It is important to understand that the Judge went out of his way to state that he would not rule on whether fraud was committed or whether investors were intentionally deceived. He was just ruling on whether or not the projects were unlawful collective investment schemes. By not ruling on allegations of fraud he has left the way clear for the FCA or Police to prosecute without fear of defendants claiming that the case has already been tried and judgement given. I believe that either the FCA or the Police will prosecute on those charges when they are ready. The Judge may well have given an indication of his opinion, intentionally or not, by stating that he was uncomfortable with some of the facts that were revealed in court.

Although it is not legally regarded as an indication of guilt and everyone has the right to remain silent, one has to wonder why the defendants who were disqualified directors i.e Renwick Haddow and Mark Ayres, and the other defendants Richard Henstock of Capital Alternatives Ltd, and Reforestation Projects Ltd ( a company owned by Ayres ) and Mark Gibbs did not submit any defence. Haddow, Ayres and Henstock all have "history" as Andrew Penman points out.

If they are prosecuted for fraud I wonder if they will proffer a defence to that charge ?

Capital Alternatives and African Land are putting a brave face on things by misdirecting the attentions of investors and claiming that all of their problems were caused by a small group of disgruntled investors. I think they are missing the point that those investors might have been the ones who paid a lot of money for land that it has now been proven in the High Court doesn't actually exist !
  • planteria
    thank you specky meadows.

i am not someone who is involved in this, but i have been on Capital Alternatives' database and have been offered these 'investments' on an ongoing basis....Rice, Palm Oil, Coloured Diamonds, Wine et al.

if i was amongst you i would have been making the short trip down the M40 to Banbury in person.
  • Would love to - but need someone to come with me to be a witness!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure