PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cleaning sick from wool rug?

Comments

• Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Definately trigger2's method. The bio washing solution will combat the the proteins in the vomit.

Don't "rub" the stained area, just dab at it. Also, you will need to rinse off the bio solution or it will continue to attract staining. Use several cool water rinses - again just dabbing at the cleaned area. To 'dry' up the washing/rinsing, pound the area with a clean cloth (great for an upper arm workout :D )

Hope your little one is feeling much, much better now, it's horrible to see your wee one's ill ((hugs))
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • I agree with Funky fairy!! Especially the bicarb when it is dry... This has worked many times for me!!
    **Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!‏**

**Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away**
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    I agree with Funky fairy!! Especially the bicarb when it is dry... This has worked many times for me!!
    It won't clear the underlying problem of the protein stain though, only mask it.
    Bicarb mixed with a drop or two of essential oils, makes a cheaper alternative to the commercial "carpet freshner".
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The poster erickCvice has been reported to abuse. Please ignore his posts.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • eyespy
    eyespy Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My baby tends to be sick quite a lot over our cream carpet and its left a lot of stains. Tried bicarb but hasn't helped much and I dont want to use anything too potent as he plays on the floor any ideas??
    Loves Cornwall - Hates plastic
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    This may make you laugh, many years ago when my 4 children were aged between 2 & 12 I was on the School PTA, I once sent apologies for not being able to attend because my DD aged 4 was sick on the carpet, I cleaned it up but the carpet was still wet, my DS who was 12 tried to jump barefoot across the wet patch, skidded on it straight into the radiator & broke his nose!!!
    Oh those days were fun.
    Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • Hapless_2
    Hapless_2 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    I would dampen the area again, scatter with bicarb and let it dry. Then hover and spray area with home made febreze (cheap vodka, water 50/50 and some essential oils)
    The "Bloodlust" Clique - Morally equal to all. Member 10
    grocery challenge...Budget £420

Wk 1 £27.10
    Wk 2 £78.06
    Wk 3 £163.06
    Wk 4
  • CLARABEL
    CLARABEL Posts: 444 Forumite
    Hester...you just made me laugh out loud. The vision of your son doing that is so clear, and I can just imagine my 4 year old ds trying it!!

:D

Clara
  • craig777
    craig777 Posts: 206 Forumite
    Not very moneysaving I know (well it is cheaper than a new carpet I suppose), but the first thing I purchased when my wife became pregnant with our first child was a carpet extractor... http://www.chemiclean.co.uk/George.htm (along with the Merlin shampoo).

As soon as an 'accident' happens, I'm straight out to the garage to get the George, the quicker the better. Never get left with any bad smells or stains.

Only last month my daughter threw up a stomach full of chocolate yogurt over the stairs - good ol' George sorted it, no problem.
  • Hi

can anyone tell me the best way to clean a wool rug? My baby was sick on it this morning with milk. Ive cleaned the milk up and dabbed at the rug with a damp cloth, but is there anything else I can do? The smell is terrible!:rolleyes:

thanks!
    Sealed Pot no 2011 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family