PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Honeycomb

2»

Comments

• mtgnnr
    mtgnnr Posts: 10 Forumite
    ........must try this but will have to wait until tomorrow - no granulated sugar. My Mum loves crunchie so I'll let her try it first   ::)     and it sounds delicious crumbled into icecream.
    I've just realised it's something else to dip into melted chocolate - that's what crunchie is after all. :D

I think you are coming obsessed with this chocolate dippping thing ;) its lucky it isn't a recipe for chicken nuggets ;D
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Urghhhh, that could be just the thing to cure my addiction to chocolate ;)
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    when i was pregnant with my second one i liked battered onion rings smoothered with chocolate spread. and branston and choc spread butties, had to be white bread though. yummy.
  • mink35
    mink35 Posts: 6,068 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Right, need help.

I'm normally pretty good at the cooking lark but can't get this at all!! ;D

First batch - whacked up the heat but it burnt after about 3 mins so tasted disgusting.

Second batch - kept the heat lower but still boiled it for about 6 mins, added bicarb and it spluttered rather than fizzed!

So what do I need to get it fizzing?
    Mink
  • cathy_3
    cathy_3 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    mine went solid as a rock and wet on top   sticky and almost unable to get it out of the tin

whaaah

ice cream is easy if you have an ice cream maker
    if not there is quite a bit of whisking to do at various stages.

the vanilla one Ive always used is

teaspoon of vanilla essence, and mix with it 1/2 pound of sugar. Rub it through a hair sieve, and add 1/2 pint of milk and the yolks of 2 eggs.

Simmer the mixture over a low temp  for ten minutes, stirring briskly all the time.

When cool, add 1 pint of cream and a small pinch of salt.  pour into a jelly mould or in an old ice cream container  and freeze,  if you want you can take it out after an hour and give it another whisk. then freeze again

its loverrly

chocolate ice cream

2 pints single cream
    8 0z  sugar
    tiny pinch of salt  
    2 oz of made up cocoa  or 2oz chocolate plain if poss
    1 tablespoon vanilla  ess

dilute cocoa with hot water ,or melt the chocolate with a bit of hot water to pour easily, add to cream; then add sugar, salt, and flavoring,  whisk well and freeze.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    bumped to go with cold pud thread ;D
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Oooooh - I love this but never had a recipe! Can't wait to do it :-*
    Combo Breaker First Post
    having it after tonights tea, will let you k ow.
    Oooooh - I love this but never had a recipe! Can't wait to do it  :-*

glad i bumped it then. ;D is supposed to be lovely crumbled in ice cream. :o having it after tonights tea, will let you k ow.[
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I tried this and failed. :(

honeycomb stuck fast to tin........allowed kids to get what they could out with a knife, then threw the remainder (along with the tin) away.

Not sure what I did wrong, but it's something my children will always remember!

Pink
    Combo Breaker First Post
    had some last night with my nilly ice cream, was delish, thanks to whoever recommended it. clean for got now. !!!!!!. ;D but thanks anyways.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure