Investment advice

Options
Hello all,

This is a most informative forum and I have a decision of my own l would like some advice on..

I am in the position were I can make investment into additional btl properties or stocks and share isa’s or just get my mortgage cleared.

I am in my late 30’s, if that makes a difference!

Anyone been in a similar position? What did you do? What would you advise?

Comments

• Positiveserenity
    Options
    I realise this has probably been asked a few times before on here so I am searching through to try find similar posts.

Thanks in advance!
  • droopsnoot
    droopsnoot Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 January 2019 at 1:46PM
    Options
    Yes, have a look through the "Savings and Investments" section of the forum for more detail. There are many, many, many posts about the subject.

Obviously there is no universal "correct" answer to your question - even someone in the same position as you now might have different goals. So you might be best sitting down and figuring out what you want to achieve with your investments, then go from there. If you can't find a thread already in S&I that meets your needs I'd be surprised given the number there.
  • girllikeme1
    Options
    Look up Lifetime Investment ISAs if you are interested in saving into a fund you can access aged 60. I'm in my late 30s too and you can only open one until you're 40 so even if investing nothing in it you can open it with £1 and if you can afford to invest in your 40s you can (until age 50). The government tops up with 25% of what you put in each year, up to £4000, i.e. put in £1.00 and it's topped up to £1.25, or put in £4K and it's topped up to £5K.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure