First time on a plane

Would like to hear your thoughts or experience. What was it like first time you ever been on a plane? I have booked my first ever holiday to Benidorm for January 6, 2019 - and it will be my first time on a plane, I am sending my passport of tomorrow. Was you nervous when the plane took off? I am so excited to go on a plane, but nervous at the same time, should I be worried? I can't wait... :)

Comments

• eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Was you nervous when the plane took off?
    Not in the slightest, just pure exhilaration at the sheer power accelerating and thrusting the craft along the runway and up into the sky. That was about fifty three years ago - if only I could relive the thrill of those first few flights - either I gradually became jaded or modern aircraft have a more smooth and gentle action.

In any case I never have the slightest doubt about the mechanical, technical and professional excellence that we are privileged to enjoy during a modern commercial flight.

Tell us after how it felt for you first time.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    I was very excited as a child for my first flight back in the 70s on a propellered plane from the old Speke to the Isle of Man, from memory it was a totally different feeling to the quieter more modern jets of today.

I considered the flights as part of the holidays when I was younger but since I have had children I feel relieved to get to my destination. Nowadays unless travelling in business I consider the flying part as a means to get from a to b, although I usually try to choose the airline I travel with to get the best benefit for the destination travelling to. Of course bearing in mind the cost!!!128521;
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It was much less exciting than the average roller coaster but I did get the in flight meal version of a full English breakfast.

Flying with Airtours to Mahon sometime in the late 80s.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Flying is often cramped, the aircraft noisy and occasionally bumpy. The food is rubbish and some flights feel like it's a shopping trip with the amount they try and sell you.

Not only that most airports are expensive shopping centres too.

I love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport