Flight Delay Compensation, Lufthansa Only

Comments

• Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    My recent trip was delayed for over 24 hours and I am convinced Lufthansa didn't take reasonable measures to make the delay shorter or less unpleasant. Being stuck in a queque at the Service Centre for 8 hours without meal and in an overheated airport was not an experience I would go through again.

I have complained to Lufthansa directly via email and in-directly via Resolver. Any ideas where to go next?
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Emily_Joy wrote: »
    My recent trip was delayed for over 24 hours and I am convinced Lufthansa didn't take reasonable measures to make the delay shorter or less unpleasant. Being stuck in a queque at the Service Centre for 8 hours without meal and in an overheated airport was not an experience I would go through again.

I have complained to Lufthansa directly via email and in-directly via Resolver. Any ideas where to go next?

Hi Emily Joy,

One step at a time, see what they say first. You never know they may accept your claim without all the usual hassle;)

Have a read of Vaubans guide in the mean time. Details below.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Download Vauban's super informative and most useful guide.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Emily_Joy
    edited 11 April 2018 at 1:12PM
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Hi Emily Joy,

One step at a time, see what they say first. You never know they may accept your claim without all the usual hassle;)

Have a read of Vaubans guide in the mean time. Details below.

Good luck.

Reading Vaubans guide was the first thing I did.

I understood that the next stop should be Sop. I am afraid I didn't quite understand if Sop charges you if the claim is successful.

I was looking for some positive experience.
  • JPears
    Sop? Im not sure what you mean by Sop?

• Emily_Joy
    JPears wrote: »
    Sop? Im not sure what you mean by Sop?

Söp – Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Eurowings, Germania, Germanwings, Lufthansa, Scandanavia Airline SAS and Swiss. You can submit your complaint here – there's no fee if your claim's unsuccessful. This scheme's decisions are not legally binding on the airline, but it says 90% of businesses follow its rulings.

According to http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays.
  • JPears
    Ah, thank you. That must be their version of an ADR service.
    The ADRs in the UK charge you £25 if you are unsucessful, otherwise its free.

• Emily_Joy
    JPears wrote: »
    Ah, thank you. That must be their version of an ADR service.
    The ADRs in the UK charge you £25 if you are unsucessful, otherwise its free.

So is this the correct order: Airline => Resolver => ADR?
  • JPears
    There is no correct order, it depends on your particular circumstances, flight, delay/cancellation reason, level of determination, etc etc.
    Most of the vets on here would go airline letter >NBA>court, if necessary.

Resolver is just a letter writing exercise you can do yourself. Indeed some airlines, notably KLM/Air France will just ignore any Resolver communication.
    ADR can be useful but again some airlines are blatantly ignoring the ADR when it finds in favour of the passenger.
    There have been some glaring errors in wrong determinations from ADRs too.
    Sorry were not being much help!
    What will help us help you is if you give us all the detials of your delay- times, dates flight number, start and finish airport.

• I was away in Germany with my family for a birthday celebration of a relative, we flew from Manchester, to Frankfurt and then to Hanover.

Whilst at the party (in the middle of nowhere with no WiFi) I received a text at 4.30pm saying that our flights for the following day were cancelled. The flight was due to depart at 2.30pm the next day. I needed to get back for work so I booked us on a flight on the same day of the cancelled on, spending around £550.

I also paid around £50 on an extension to the hire car.

The total price of the original flights was around £850.

If I contact Lufhansa for a refund for the original flights, will I be able to put a claim in for the difference in the flight costs and hire car after that? Or will the refund mean that I am no longer able to pursue for any further monies?

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport