P.I.P. timescales...

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    You can ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be. Even though no face 2 face assessment took place there will still be a report written out for you to see. Good luck.

Thanks that sugggestions has been mentioned recently.
    Though for the sake of a fe weeks, I'll await the decision letter.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I hope I don't sound depressive but I think its best to think ahead. If you start asking for the PA4 report (if that's the one you need as it was a paper based assessment) now, you will receive it (I had to ask three times) and have time to think about any evidence/arguments you can make if you don't agree with the PIP decision.

Better to start asking for the report now, either way.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I hope I don't sound depressive but I think its best to think ahead. If you start asking for the PA4 report (if that's the one you need as it was a paper based assessment) now, you will receive it (I had to ask three times) and have time to think about any evidence/arguments you can make if you don't agree with the PIP decision.

Better to start asking for the report now, either way.
    I completely agree. Having the PA4 assessment report to hand just in case you have to go down the MR route is very handy. Some people are waiting weeks for a copy of this and it holds the process of the MR up. My advice is to ring and ask for a copy to be sent out to you.
  • Dandytf
    I completely agree. Having the PA4 assessment report to hand just in case you have to go down the MR route is very handy. Some people are waiting weeks for a copy of this and it holds the process of the MR up. My advice is to ring and ask for a copy to be sent out to you.

I've seen the term 'MR' often mentioned via mse.
    What is 'MR'
    Maybe I'm simple when it comes to dmp business.
    Though with MS progressing I'd think that maybe PIP will at the very least be similar to what I was awarded until 2023.
    Though this is my 1st non face to face since being diagnosed 2012-pip since 2013.
    It's difficult to find any time to call and request a written report as I'm trying to return to full time hours at work though I'll have a think over next few days.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    MR is a mandatory reconsideration. If you disagree with the DWP decision you ask them to look at it again. A different decision maker reviews your case. This is only successful in 20% of cases. You have to go through this process before you can ask for an appeal, which is heard by an independent tribunal.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • Dandytf
    2nd letter today from dmp
    Gone is the 'you hear from ud no later than4 weeks
    Today's letter simply says we have all the info required you'll hear from us.
    No timescales this time
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Dandytf wrote: »
    2nd letter today from dmp
    Gone is the 'you hear from ud no later than4 weeks
    Today's letter simply says we have all the info required you'll hear from us.
    No timescales this time
    That's a standard letter sent to everyone who doesn't put a mobile number down on the form. If a mobile number was put then a text message would have been sent.

There's no timescales for any decisions.
  • Dandytf
    That's a standard letter sent to everyone who doesn't put a mobile number down on the form. If a mobile number was put then a text message would have been sent.

There's no timescales for any decisions.

Last weeks letter advised a decision should be sent to me no longer than 4 weeks.
  • K80_Black
    K80_Black Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Post
    Mine took 125 days from applying to some money hitting my account. I'm in Northern Ireland and had trouble with a form being lost - so be proactive and phone them if things are taking longer than expected!
  • Dandytf
    K80_Black wrote: »
    Mine took 125 days from applying to some money hitting my account. I'm in Northern Ireland and had trouble with a form being lost - so be proactive and phone them if things are taking longer than expected!

I'm existing claim-my latest request is change of circumstances hoping I'll receive decision within quoted 4 weeks max as of last weeks letter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure