Income Changes Post IPA/BR

Comments

• Jono987
    Jono987 Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Got two hard copies and multiple soft copies saved in different locations :D
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    In addition to the emails you presumably also have proof of the payment made to conclude the IPA.

Don't lose that evidence either!

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • Jono987
    Yes and also a letter received back from Clarke Wilmott to confirm the payment.
  • Thanks all - this has been really useful

Jono - do you mind if i ask? Did you have to prove that the money came from your mum?
  • This is very interesting to read, one of my questions was if this could be done when I had a set IPA, which since challenging it's been removed so no longer applies, however, a question that has not been answered yet is if once I am discharged and I haven't paid into an IPA do I need to notify the OR of any changes then? It sounds like it's a no.
  • LincsPaul
    LincsPaul Posts: 131 Forumite
    This is very interesting to read, one of my questions was if this could be done when I had a set IPA, which since challenging it's been removed so no longer applies, however, a question that has not been answered yet is if once I am discharged and I haven't paid into an IPA do I need to notify the OR of any changes then? It sounds like it's a no.

I'm pretty sure if an IPA hasn't been signed by you prior to discharge then it's impossible for one to be set up afterwards.
  • Jono987
    menageamoi wrote: »
    Thanks all - this has been really useful

Jono - do you mind if i ask? Did you have to prove that the money came from your mum?

Of course i dont mind :) Yes my mum had to ring them up herself, speak with them and then make the payment from her bank account not mine. I obviously had no money at this point in time anyway but they still needed it to 100% come from my mum.
  • haggis0073
    haggis0073 Posts: 160 Forumite
    as long as you have not signed an ipa agreement, and 12 months later you have been discharged then no IPA can be sought,
  • Butts
    Butts Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    haggis0073 wrote: »
    as long as you have not signed an ipa agreement, and 12 months later you have been discharged then no IPA can be sought,

Unless of course you live in Scotland where you are vulnerable for a further three years after discharge.
  • maxmycardagain
    maxmycardagain Posts: 5,745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    haggis0073 wrote: »

or after 6 months early discharge?
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure