Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Good loss Stoke
    Zebras rock
  • Can I ask for comments please?

I have maintained for the last couple of weeks, which on the one hand is good, but on the other.... I also found a lump in my groin a couple of weeks ago & decided on Sunday that I needed to phone GP to get it checked, life overtook on Monday so didn't make the call.

Yesterday morning while in the shower, I discovered that what I thought was a lump was actually an abscess, it exploded everywhere (sorry if I have put you off!). Now this is great news, but got me thinking, as I had no pain whatsoever, was my body dealing with this and consequently it put SW on the back burner? I am never ill, so not sure if it would impact?
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Gettingtherequickly - no idea if it's affected your losing weight but glad it was an abscess and not something more serious. Did the root come out or just the pus? If it was just the pus you may need some antibiotics to clear it up properly. Might still be worth seeing your doctor.

Have been doing a few mending jobs - sewing on buttons, repairing a top, that sort of thing and then decided to tidy up my small sewing cabinet (3 drawers), can't believe how much junk there was in there! I've chucked out nearly a carrier bag of rubbish from those 3 drawers. Also put a pile of sewing magazines complete with patterns in my CS bag - will probably take that with me tomorrow and drop off that the CS on the way home.

Today's plan:

B - boiled eggs; asparagus
    L - cauliflower cheese & SW chips
    D - chicken & vegetable curry; rice

HEA - milk
    HEB - not sure but possibly a couple of Rocky Road Hifi bars
    Syns - biscuit at my friends this morning 3 syns? cheese sauce 4 syns. Hopefully no more as I worked out last night's dinner to about 40 syns, some of the portions were huge so may even have been more:eek:

I'll find out the damage if any at WI tomorrow but hopefully I'll still be within target range, albeit top end!

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    GTQ, it would make sense for it to weigh, but wouldn't of thought it would be that much, but our bodies are complex things. Agree with Denise that it's still probably worth getting checked out.
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Strangely enough Bubbs my consultant suggested that last time I was in class....didn't think it would work but you've proved it does lol.

Well done Kathrynha - hope you're feeling better now.

Missed the penalty shoot out as they were drawing one all coming up to the end of extra time & decided I'd had enough so went & prepared tomorrow's tea....and of course they won.

So England how much are you going to pay me to be busy Saturday???
    I have never tried it before, was nice :D
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Ta bubbs.
    I'm going to phone the consultant on the advert I've seen to see what she sounds like first.

Morning all.
    You are welcome, hope she sounds ok :D
    Stoke wrote: »
    2.5lbs off for me. All of this good cheer around England in the World Cup is definitely affecting my weight loss :D but it only happens every 4 years so I'll survive :P

:T:T:Twell done
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Evening all :D #
    Oh just went to upload my tea pic and not there :( too late i have eaten it:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I had salad and cod in parsley sauce :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • MissTeach
    MissTeach Posts: 260 Forumite
    Well I've been AWOL for the whole bloody challenge! Sorry guys. Work is keeping me super busy.

I know I'm not in the chart but thought I'd check in to let you know that I lost -3.5lb tonight and got my 7.5 stone award!! Woohoo!
    Had set myself a challenge to achieve that one before we broke up for the summer holidays and have managed it with a week and a half to spare. Super happy at the moment!
  • bubbs
    MissTeach wrote: »
    Well I've been AWOL for the whole bloody challenge! Sorry guys. Work is keeping me super busy.

I know I'm not in the chart but thought I'd check in to let you know that I lost -3.5lb tonight and got my 7.5 stone award!! Woohoo!
    Had set myself a challenge to achieve that one before we broke up for the summer holidays and have managed it with a week and a half to spare. Super happy at the moment!

WOW:j:j:j:j
    That is just flippin amazing:T:T:T:T:T
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    MissTeach wrote: »

That is very very very impressive x

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Well done MissTeach that's a great loss this week and amazing overall. Do you need to lose much more or are you nearly at target?

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport