Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • islandman
    • By islandman 11th Feb 19, 8:24 PM
    • 4,468Posts
    • 1,766Thanks
    islandman
    Martin Lewis
    • 11th Feb 19, 8:24 PM
    Martin Lewis 11th Feb 19 at 8:24 PM
    You may not
    Last edited by islandman; 12-02-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    Bowel screening saved my life, make sure it saves yours.
Page 1
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 12th Feb 19, 9:45 AM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    wavelets
    • 12th Feb 19, 9:45 AM
    • 12th Feb 19, 9:45 AM
    You may not appear within this forum of yours so often Martin, but I'm sure many of us still think of you as watching over us, but I would like to say, how sad it was to read of your personal health problem.

There will be many who share my concern I'm sure.

For heavens sake, however frustrating it is, do be guided by your medical team.

Ideally it may well be a shortlived problem.
    Originally posted by islandman
    It's not Martin's, and hasn't been since 2012 when he sold it for an estimated 87m
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18295587

Actually he's made a lot more out of it than that.
    The original sale which saw him receive an immediate 60m included 22.1m shares (worth 25m at the time) in new owner, moneysupermarket.com.
    To be fair, he immediately gave 4.75m of those shares to the Charities Aid Foundation., leaving him with 17.35m

But 3 years later, he sold about half his holding for 25.2m, leaving him with 8.35m shares, representing just a 1.5% holding in moneysupermarket.com
    The charity also sold the bulk of it's holding for 12m
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jul/31/saving-expert-martin-lewis-sells-25m-moneysupermarket-shares

Martin now concentrates his efforts on his TV & radio career.
    Last edited by wavelets; 15-02-2019 at 8:56 PM. Reason: Don't you just hate it when OP's do that?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,265Posts Today

7,706Users online

Martin's Twitter