Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 23rd Dec 18, 11:08 AM
    • 165Posts
    • 738Thanks
    Figgi
    Boots Sale
    • 23rd Dec 18, 11:08 AM
    Boots Sale 23rd Dec 18 at 11:08 AM
    Thought I would start the annual thread.

I’m sure someone will find the regular post and share it here.

The sale starts online on Christmas Eve, usually around 4am, last year they did delay it till late afternoon though to stop issues instore with people getting confused on the different pricing

The Mini club sale starts online at same time and instore on Christmas Eve too.

Everything else instore is Christmas Day for those stores open and then the next working day for other stores, so either Boxing Day or 27th depending on opening times
    Last edited by Figgi; 23-12-2018 at 9:05 PM.
Page 2
    • Africat
    • By Africat 24th Dec 18, 6:09 AM
    • 1,017 Posts
    • 1,660 Thanks
    Africat
    Can I be the first to say I'm not going mad in the 70% off sale this year!!
    • fozziebeartoo
    • By fozziebeartoo 24th Dec 18, 6:30 AM
    • 1,562 Posts
    • 12,663 Thanks
    fozziebeartoo
    Ordered my Woodwick candle supply
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 24th Dec 18, 6:33 AM
    • 13,795 Posts
    • 43,052 Thanks
    sarah1972
    LIVE NOW

Just ordered some stuff in the sale https://www.boots.com/sale
    Last edited by sarah1972; 24-12-2018 at 7:25 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 24th Dec 18, 8:10 AM
    • 165 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    Figgi
    Order one candle and one pack of three kids tops.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 24th Dec 18, 8:47 AM
    • 7,866 Posts
    • 53,150 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Originally posted by Africat
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Figgi
    • By Figgi 24th Dec 18, 11:13 AM
    • 165 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    Figgi
    Originally posted by Africat
    Can I say I donít think it will be Wednesday 16th January
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 24th Dec 18, 1:44 PM
    • 4,436 Posts
    • 10,119 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Now I have to say that last post did make me chuckle. The only thing I would say is that if I get anything from Boots (the chemist) it goes in the bin. Their sale is so notourious on here that I don't trust anything at gifting times. Boots (I pronounce it BOOTSIES, cause my gran said that!) stuff equals sale equals bin.
    Originally posted by Woolco
    Oh here we go again, this idiot posted the same thing last year and everyone lost their rag about it. Just ignore!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £35,397.06
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,700.00
    • Africat
    • By Africat 24th Dec 18, 5:14 PM
    • 1,017 Posts
    • 1,660 Thanks
    Africat
    Can I say I donít think it will be Wednesday 16th January
    Originally posted by Figgi
    Not the Friday?!
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 26th Dec 18, 7:47 AM
    • 165 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    Figgi
    Anyone get anything good?
    • kippers
    • By kippers 26th Dec 18, 10:17 AM
    • 1,970 Posts
    • 6,034 Thanks
    kippers
    I went early into the fosse park leicester boots store today for one thing i particularly wanted which was sold out on line and it was like the 70% sale 😱..... i certainly wasnt expecting the queue and the pushing and shoving!

Anyway, i did get what i wanted which incidently i know wont be reduced again ....so im happy
    Last edited by kippers; 26-12-2018 at 10:23 AM.
    • mimi1234
    • By mimi1234 26th Dec 18, 3:11 PM
    • 7,421 Posts
    • 65,032 Thanks
    mimi1234
    I wanted an Elizabeth Arden set but it went out of stock and none of my local stores has it. Oh well.

I didn't want to go out shopping as I know what it is like in Boots when the Xmas sale starts - the whole world and his wife are waiting to get in and then it's like a huge rugby scrum!

Well done to folks who got what they wanted!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 29th Dec 18, 9:12 AM
    • 7,866 Posts
    • 53,150 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Not had a chance but nothing I desperately wanted / want so might have a look when I get a chance for a nosey
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Figgi
    • By Figgi 1st Jan 19, 8:15 AM
    • 165 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    Figgi
    Quick heads up that I heard .

From Friday any Boots online order under £10 will be hit with £1.50 delivery charge. Orders instore will not be hit
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 1st Jan 19, 11:37 AM
    • 7,866 Posts
    • 53,150 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Popped in yesterday, can't say there was much that took my fancy, lots of stock left but just rehashes of the same stuff from previous years in the main.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• sarahj1986
    • By sarahj1986 1st Jan 19, 4:49 PM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 2,062 Thanks
    sarahj1986
    1st January and the thread is only just on page two. A sign that the Boots gift sets are losing their shine?

I went into Stratford upon Avon bridge street store (it’s relatively small) but you wouldn’t have thought Christmas was over with the amount of stock they’ve got left. All the gift set shelves still full. Not been up to Stratford upon Avon maybird (a much bigger store) yet but I may pop up this week to see how their stock levels are doing.

Couple of things I might get but only at 70% and even then I’m not too bothered
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 1st Jan 19, 5:51 PM
    • 331 Posts
    • 557 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    Quick heads up that I heard .

From Friday any Boots online order under £10 will be hit with £1.50 delivery charge. Orders instore will not be hit

That's bad news - I often order stuff to collect in store because local stores don't always have what I want. To add on £1.50 to the cost of the item means it'll be overpriced. Oh well, looks like other stores will get my custom instead. Even if they are slightly more expensive than Boots, factor in that their click and collect is free and I'm still paying less.
    • Africat
    • By Africat 1st Jan 19, 6:24 PM
    • 1,017 Posts
    • 1,660 Thanks
    Africat
    1st January and the thread is only just on page two. A sign that the Boots gift sets are losing their shine?
    Couple of things I might get but only at 70% and even then Iím not too bothered
    Originally posted by sarahj1986
    Possibly...
    As Kerri gt says, its largely just the same old stuff in different packaging every year!
    Excessively packaged at that,! I'm trying to be more environmentally aware and lots of the quirky shaped tins and stuff serve no real purpose once the products are used.
    There's a couple of bits I want if they are left but won't be going mad this year as defo need to run my stash down! Plus I think my lot must be sick of smellies, even if they are just stocking fillers
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 1st Jan 19, 7:19 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    Figgi
    That's bad news - I often order stuff to collect in store because local stores don't always have what I want. To add on £1.50 to the cost of the item means it'll be overpriced. Oh well, looks like other stores will get my custom instead. Even if they are slightly more expensive than Boots, factor in that their click and collect is free and I'm still paying less.
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs
    If you are in a store and order then it is still free delivery.

I know what you mean though. When looking for baby clothes Iíve noticed it is like that with Sainsbury Tu and a few other places
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 1st Jan 19, 8:45 PM
    • 7,866 Posts
    • 53,150 Thanks
    kerri gt
    If you are in a store and order then it is still free delivery.

I know what you mean though. When looking for baby clothes Iíve noticed it is like that with Sainsbury Tu and a few other places
    It's also counter productive, I have ordered items I know i will return in order to get free delivery or click and collect. So not only are warehouse staff picking stuff that will be returned but then it costs the company to process the return as well. All of which I'm sure costs more than the £1.50 or whatever they levy on a min order value.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Baskcm
    • By Baskcm 1st Jan 19, 9:42 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Baskcm
    Hi first year where in not.workng for boots I spent 9 years there and.i noticed each Xmas less and less people where.coming.into the store that includes the ad card events.

Problem with boots is they don't change the products it's the same stale items again and again and I think it is going.to hurt them in the future
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

835Posts Today

4,913Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin