Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fewkeste
    • By fewkeste 21st Apr 17, 5:18 PM
    • 301Posts
    • 182Thanks
    fewkeste
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop
    • 21st Apr 17, 5:18 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop 21st Apr 17 at 5:18 PM
    I'm just in the process of switching from Robin Hood Energy to Powershop and would like to receive feedback and comments about this new supplier. Apparently they are well established in Australia and New Zealand and are operating in the UK under the Npower licence at present.
Page 53
    • neilsedaka
    • By neilsedaka 29th Jan 19, 7:59 PM
    • 333 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    neilsedaka
    I was only offered one Bottoms Up pack.
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 29th Jan 19, 8:08 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Umiamz
    I was only offered one Bottoms Up pack.
    Originally posted by neilsedaka
    Are you a dual fuel customer? There were two packs for me (one with one wine glass on the icon and the other with two).

Interestingly, the two packs covered just about the exact amount outstanding for the billing period (14p over).
    • neilsedaka
    • By neilsedaka 29th Jan 19, 8:16 PM
    • 333 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    neilsedaka
    Electricity only. There is no gas anywhere near here.
    • DocFrog
    • By DocFrog 30th Jan 19, 10:56 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    DocFrog
    Having noticed that all four of my March future offers allowed me two packs (eight packs, total 4 weeks+!), I called PS this morning. I spoke with a chap called Ben who was quite clear in confirming that to guarantee Top Shopper rates it is necessary only to buy the special PPs. Future packs are optional.
    Makes sense, but I was pleased to hear it confirmed.
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 30th Jan 19, 11:02 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Umiamz
    Having noticed that all four of my March future offers allowed me two packs (eight packs, total 4 weeks+!), I called PS this morning. I spoke with a chap called Ben who was quite clear in confirming that to guarantee Top Shopper rates it is necessary only to buy the special PPs. Future packs are optional.
    Makes sense, but I was pleased to hear it confirmed.
    Originally posted by DocFrog
    Presumably they mean over the course of a year, because I didn't reach Top Shopper rate this month, despite buying all special packs.
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 1st Feb 19, 9:45 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Umiamz
    July future pack available to use now?
    Among the usual monthly special packs this morning was one of the July future packs. The other three are showing below the July circle in the app but this one was under this month's circle. I bought it and, even though it says it can't be used until July, it has been added to this month. It appears to have been calculated based on my current usage, whereas the other three July future packs are calculated on a much lower usage that you would expect in summer.

Wondering whether this is deliberate or a bug? (Not that I'm complaining)
    • drphila
    • By drphila 6th Feb 19, 3:05 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    drphila
    new special available
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 12th Feb 19, 2:50 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Umiamz
    It's quite quickly got to the point where I'm building up a considerable amount of credit. Most of it is due to buying all the March future packs because I was getting behind at the time I bought them. As they are only around 5%, they keep getting pushed forward a month and are now covering a lot of April.

I can see that this is going to keep happening, so what happens with the credit? Is it too late to get a refund on some of the March packs? If not, what happens at the end of the first year - will they just get moved forward into whatever new tariff is offered at the time or refunded then?
    • KTF
    • By KTF 12th Feb 19, 3:03 PM
    • 4,712 Posts
    • 1,931 Thanks
    KTF
    Section 2: https://www.powershop.co.uk/legal/refunds-policy/
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 12th Feb 19, 3:11 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Umiamz
    That's for credit refunds - looks like section 1 is more relevant. I'll ask Customer Services.
    • Tafrock
    • By Tafrock 12th Feb 19, 5:35 PM
    • 236 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Tafrock
    Umiamz just email customer services and ask for a refund on the lesser value packs. They will be quite obliging or at least they were 12 months ago when I got a lot refunded at my request. Like yourself I purchased everything at beginning which means the packs with small discounts such as jumbo and little extra pack never get used. Packs are used starting with the highest discounted ones so if your continually buying packs with discounts above say 25% then ones below 25% will never get used unless you suddenly start using huge amounts of electricity. Be aware though that from about now powershop will stop issuing packs with decent discounts if last year's pattern follows suit. I didn't buy many packs at all from March through till August last year due to the paltry discounts on offer

But if you want a refund ask. List the packs you want refunded and they will refund them
    • sheps
    • By sheps 12th Feb 19, 7:28 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    sheps
    So would you guys still change? does anyone that qualifies looked into how to get the warm energy discount at end of year? They are i see on the list. Is top shopper price realistic? Has anyone got better using future packs like they claim you can? As an economy 10 customer they are willing to take on im very tempted if it works in reality like they claim it would be worth the effort. to get the savings.
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 12th Feb 19, 9:47 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Umiamz
    Umiamz just email customer services and ask for a refund on the lesser value packs. They will be quite obliging or at least they were 12 months ago when I got a lot refunded at my request. Like yourself I purchased everything at beginning which means the packs with small discounts such as jumbo and little extra pack never get used. Packs are used starting with the highest discounted ones so if your continually buying packs with discounts above say 25% then ones below 25% will never get used unless you suddenly start using huge amounts of electricity. Be aware though that from about now powershop will stop issuing packs with decent discounts if last year's pattern follows suit. I didn't buy many packs at all from March through till August last year due to the paltry discounts on offer

But if you want a refund ask. List the packs you want refunded and they will refund them
    Originally posted by Tafrock
    Thanks for the info, Tafrock. I think I'll leave it a couple more months just to get an idea of what's not being used, then ask for a refund.
    • Tafrock
    • By Tafrock 13th Feb 19, 7:41 AM
    • 236 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Tafrock
    Hi sheps

In. My experience (joined Powershop June 2017) top shopper rate is achievable in fact I consistently beat it. Sometimes it looks like it isn't achievable when powershop are offering paltry discounts in the summer but they make up for it in the winter with incredible discounts. My electricity costs are the lowest I can achieve on the market I believe. I pay around about 1 a day.

It requires a little bit of extra work on your part (regular meter readings are a must and I don't mean once a month. I recommend a minimum of one read a week. It's also up to you to purchase powerpacks so as to prevent powershop purchasing electricity on your behalf at their very expensive baseline (standard) rate.

But it does work. Can't comment on gas or warm energy or economy 7 im afraid as i don't use any of them. Im sure someone here can help though
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 13th Feb 19, 8:16 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Umiamz
    I just about reached top shopper the first month and was slightly above in the second month. This month I expect to beat it as the billing period has been covered entirely with high discount packs. This is for dual fuel.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

95Posts Today

2,180Users online

Martin's Twitter