Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 61
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 16th Jan 19, 1:55 PM
    • 6,187 Posts
    • 5,625 Thanks
    mgdavid
    Can anyone suggest an alternative to Parcel2Go? I use Royal Mail for all my packages except where they exceed 2kg or the 90cm small packet size limit. I had few problems with parcel2go until recently

I am now having problem after problem with Parcel2Go and their partners. Out of the last 7 items I have sent 3 have outstanding problems and are yet to be delivered. Two of those I have as good as written off. .The "Talk to an adviser" button was difficult to find in early January when I reported an issue. Now it seems to have disappeared altogether. I'm very frustrated and the company is currently costing me a great deal of time and money.

I am in the unfortunate position of having to temporarily remove around 50 items, too large or heavy to ship by Royal Mail, from my online shop until I can find an alternative service so any advice is appreciated.
    Originally posted by Howard L

P2Go are not a carrier just a broker. Which carrier are you choosing via P2G?
    Best option would be to choose a carrier that hasn't been involved with any of your 3 problems and then deal with them direct.
    DHL and UPS seem to have a better reputation than others like Yodel, DPD, Hermes etc. but will be a bit more expensive - you pays yer money and takes yer choice, you can always load a bit extra onto your shipping costs on ebay.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
    • Mimuska
    • By Mimuska 17th Jan 19, 8:01 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mimuska
    IpostParcels
    Hi there,

I had sent a parcel with IpostParcels two weeks ago from UK to Slovakia. They quoted 3-4 delivery days and this was the only reason I sent the parcel with them. Two weeks since they had collected the parcel I was told they cannot locate it that it went missing - I am totally devastated by the news as my babies' items such as toys, photos, clothes etc. were in the parcel. They are asking me to proof the ownership of the items in order for them to compensate me for the loss. Are they kidding me? I do not keep every single receipt thinking" hm what if I ever decide to post a parcel with an unreliable company (now I know they are) such as them and the parcel go missing so I have proof? I have sent many parcels with DPD etc. and not one went missing, all of them were delivered....How was I to know IpostParcel cannot deliver a box from A to B? Does anyone have any experience with them and what to do to win such case? Many thanks. Mima
    • ricey067
    • By ricey067 17th Jan 19, 1:52 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ricey067
    I use a Postbase Mini machine from FP Mailing for anything up to 2kg. Not had a problem with deliveries through this & Royal Mail.

For anything bigger i use parcel monkey and usually go for cheapest option (if the courier looks ok)
    • Marianna58
    • By Marianna58 23rd Jan 19, 1:38 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marianna58
    Please, can anybody help me? I am loosing my mind with Hermes the "perfect" delivery company( I sent an insured parcel through Ebay to Spain on the 12th of October(!) - Hermes failed to inform me, that they couldn't delivery, so I had to reimburse the buyer after 30 days. Contacted Hermes but only Webchat is working and you have to wait hours. No result but the parcel was sent back on the12th November. I was told, have to wait 6-8 weeks! Today is the 23rd of January and no sign of the parcel yet. Now I find out it is actually 56 working days! So I will be eligible to ask for an enquiry around the end of February! And probably that would take another 6-8 weeks! Everything is automated, no personal contact! This is outrageous! I want my money back! I am not even able to sell a coat in March, even if it came back in perfect condition ( which I seriously doubt! ) I tried everything but calling Hermes doesn't help - they directing to me to web-chat every time. I need help! I do not not where to turn, what else to do ? I don't think they should get away with this behaviour ...I wonder how many times they do the same to people? I paid for a service, which they clearly did not provide. They broke the contract ... they should be responsible! Can anybody help me some way? Anything would be greatly appreciated! -Marianna
    • Magenta
    • By Magenta 23rd Jan 19, 2:00 PM
    • 2,029 Posts
    • 5,726 Thanks
    Magenta
    Please, can anybody help me? I am loosing my mind with Hermes the "perfect" delivery company( I sent an insured parcel through Ebay to Spain on the 12th of October(!) - Hermes failed to inform me, that they couldn't delivery, so I had to reimburse the buyer after 30 days. Contacted Hermes but only Webchat is working and you have to wait hours. No result but the parcel was sent back on the12th November. I was told, have to wait 6-8 weeks! Today is the 23rd of January and no sign of the parcel yet. Now I find out it is actually 56 working days! So I will be eligible to ask for an enquiry around the end of February! And probably that would take another 6-8 weeks! Everything is automated, no personal contact! This is outrageous! I want my money back! I am not even able to sell a coat in March, even if it came back in perfect condition ( which I seriously doubt! ) I tried everything but calling Hermes doesn't help - they directing to me to web-chat every time. I need help! I do not not where to turn, what else to do ? I don't think they should get away with this behaviour ...I wonder how many times they do the same to people? I paid for a service, which they clearly did not provide. They broke the contract ... they should be responsible! Can anybody help me some way? Anything would be greatly appreciated! -Marianna
    Originally posted by Marianna58
    I have had nothing but endless problems with Hermes and like you found them impossible to contact.!!
    I don't know what to suggest to help you, can eBay help in any way?
    I have lost money and my sanity with Hermes and now avoid them at all cost.
    I hope that someone on here can help you.
    Magenta
    • Marianna58
    • By Marianna58 23rd Jan 19, 7:52 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marianna58
    Thank you!
    I have had nothing but endless problems with Hermes and like you found them impossible to contact.!!
    I don't know what to suggest to help you, can eBay help in any way?
    I have lost money and my sanity with Hermes and now avoid them at all cost.
    I hope that someone on here can help you.
    Originally posted by Magenta
    Thank you Magenta!
    I am loosing my mind but I just won't let it go - can't let Hermes win. They just do not care about anything but profit. How is it possible, that you are unable to get a telephone number, where you could talk to a human voice and get some logical, decent answers? Probably because they would be inundated with complaints! Where is the consumer right? Can they really get away with this kind of behaviour?
    I sincerely hope somebody, somewhere have an answer for me
    PEASE, I NEED HELP!
    • Kayster
    • By Kayster 24th Jan 19, 8:23 AM
    • 382 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    Kayster
    I had a similar long time to return a non delivered package (over 3 months it took from memory) with a parcel sent using Interparcel and Landmark as the carrier to China. Interparcel always responded promptly to my queries which was a help but the timescale to return was much the same as you are being told. Then when it arrived back with interparcel in UK I had to pay Interparcel to get it back and even though they are within comfortable driving distance of me collection was not an option. It was a valuable package so i paid.
    I have also had small packages take months to be returned with Royal Mail from overseas but at least that was free.
    I thought it might help to know that others have suffered in the same manner so try to stay calm and sane.
    • Drakelet
    • By Drakelet 1st Feb 19, 2:11 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Drakelet
    I wanted to add my terrible experience with Parcel2Go. Disappointed as it's recommended by MSE.

I booked a delivery online. They took my money just fine. Then the problems started...
    • I was unable to print the postage label.
    • Live chat didn't work.
    • Facebook messenger took hours to reply to each message, delaying me significantly.
    • I finally got the label (the website still doesn't work, they had to do it manually) and delivered the package to the drop-off location. Hours later they messaged me to tell me that personal clothing should not be sent, and they requested I return to the drop-off location to recollect it. By then it was too late and I was unable to do so.
    • I still cannot register or log in to my account on their website, so I can't cancel my order.
    • comred
    • By comred 1st Feb 19, 10:13 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    comred
    Have you tried going to your local Hermes depot and asking if they have had a return?

I had a parcel sent via Hermes go missing in November and it was only returned to the depot where I posted it from last week. They failed to put the house number on their label so the delivery guy couldn't find the house even though the label I had attached clearly showed the number!
    • martindow
    • By martindow 1st Feb 19, 11:00 AM
    • 8,092 Posts
    • 4,694 Thanks
    martindow
    I wanted to add my terrible experience with Parcel2Go. Disappointed as it's recommended by MSE.

I booked a delivery online. They took my money just fine. Then the problems started...
    • I was unable to print the postage label.
    • Live chat didn't work.
    • Facebook messenger took hours to reply to each message, delaying me significantly.
    • I finally got the label (the website still doesn't work, they had to do it manually) and delivered the package to the drop-off location. Hours later they messaged me to tell me that personal clothing should not be sent, and they requested I return to the drop-off location to recollect it. By then it was too late and I was unable to do so.
    • I still cannot register or log in to my account on their website, so I can't cancel my order.
    Originally posted by Drakelet
    Clothing is an odd exception and it doesn't seem to be in their prohibited list or their no compensation list lower down the page unless they are classed as antiques

https://www.parcel2go.com/prohibited-items

I think they have either given wrong information or you are at cross purposes with them.

I would try calling again and ask someone else.
    • Drakelet
    • By Drakelet 2nd Feb 19, 5:22 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Drakelet
    Clothing is an odd exception and it doesn't seem to be in their prohibited list or their no compensation list lower down the page unless they are classed as antiques

<link removed>

I think they have either given wrong information or you are at cross purposes with them.

I would try calling again and ask someone else.
    Originally posted by martindow
    I've already checked this and chased them about it. Initially they lied to me and said I couldn't send it and requested I recollect my package. I queried, mentioning the prohibited items list, and they eventually said it's because it will probably have a customs fee. It would have been nice if they'd told me about that before sending the package (or not lying in the first place). I hope no customs fee, based on what I read on the Aus website, but who knows - if the customs fee is applied, it looks like it will be more than it cost me to send it in the first place!
    • soolin
    • By soolin 2nd Feb 19, 7:17 AM
    • 61,897 Posts
    • 44,364 Thanks
    soolin
    I've already checked this and chased them about it. Initially they lied to me and said I couldn't send it and requested I recollect my package. I queried, mentioning the prohibited items list, and they eventually said it's because it will probably have a customs fee. It would have been nice if they'd told me about that before sending the package (or not lying in the first place). I hope no customs fee, based on what I read on the Aus website, but who knows - if the customs fee is applied, it looks like it will be more than it cost me to send it in the first place!
    Originally posted by Drakelet
    Australia ?Many years ago there was an issue with sending used clothing to Australia, it was prohibited or something - can't remember all the details. It might be worth searching to see if this is something to do with that- so it isn't the parcel courier that is saying it isn't allowed it is a case of once the contents were declared they realised they couldn't be imported to the destination.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • custardy
    • By custardy 2nd Feb 19, 8:31 AM
    • 34,341 Posts
    • 29,144 Thanks
    custardy
    old thread but it seems personal clothing can be tricky with customs

https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/57679-customs-declaration-when-sending-clothes/
    • Dizzy101
    • By Dizzy101 12th Feb 19, 6:52 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dizzy101
    Hello there, wondering if someone can help me? So I sent 2 suitcases with Parcel2go (after reading reviews wish I didn’t) and one has arrived at the chosen place. But the other isn’t there. These got picked up last Wednesday and the first arrived on Friday but the other suitcase hasn’t been tracked since Thursday and I was told by Parcel2go that it was in a hub somewhere and now I’ve had to open a case where they are trying to find it. I mean it’s a massive suitcase surely it can’t get lost?! I was told by someone maybe the label on the front has fallen off if this is the case what would be the next step does anyone know? Really worried right now. And does anyone know about when you open a claim how long and step by step what the process is? Sorry for all the questions hope someone can help
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 13th Feb 19, 12:41 AM
    • 6,187 Posts
    • 5,625 Thanks
    mgdavid
    Parcel2Go are just a broker, which actual carrier / courier did you choose?

Also were they sent as a single shipment of 2 parcels (cases), or two separate bookings?
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
    • Dizzy101
    • By Dizzy101 13th Feb 19, 5:45 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dizzy101
    Hermes, and they are under the same
    Tracking so i guess they are classed as one. Hermes have just got back to me and said it’s waiting in a hub and they will let me know once it’s sent? Seems odd to be sat in a hub for like 4 days no?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 13th Feb 19, 8:04 AM
    • 61,897 Posts
    • 44,364 Thanks
    soolin
    Hermes, and they are under the same
    Tracking so i guess they are classed as one. Hermes have just got back to me and said itís waiting in a hub and they will let me know once itís sent? Seems odd to be sat in a hub for like 4 days no?
    Originally posted by Dizzy101
    Can you clarify what you mean by 'they have the same tracking' ?. If these were sent as 2 items the tracking numbers should be different, you cannot have 2 separate parcels with the same tracking number.I assume it's a typing error as you do say earlier that one has arrived an done hasn't (according to tracking), which implies 2 different tracking numbers.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Dizzy101
    • By Dizzy101 13th Feb 19, 11:41 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dizzy101
    Yes sorry they are under 2 different tracking orders, and the one that is still missing hermes emailed me today to say it’s sat at the depot? But they wouldn’t tell my why this happened. They are awful to get anything out of. Does anyone know why things may be end up at the depot? It was last tracked now on the 11th I’ve found out
    • readytowin
    • By readytowin 13th Feb 19, 3:42 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    readytowin
    Parcel 'lost' by Hermes ? stolen- beware
    I sent a very valuable watch with Hermes via Parcel2Go. It never arrived and tracking just says "in transit". It was a family heirloom . I did not insure it (which is my fault) and so will only get £20 compensation. I believe it was stolen by courier staff and I see other posts suggesting similar stories. It seems that there is no deterrent to staff helping themselves to small valuable items as there is no investigation. It cannot be reported as a crime as there is no evidence to support this. The 'enquiry' apparently involves asking the depot whether they have the parcel. If they say no it is the end of the story and it is regarded as a compensation claim.
    Has anyone else experienced similar problems?
    • Dizzy101
    • By Dizzy101 13th Feb 19, 4:28 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dizzy101
    YES! This is the problem I’ve got right now mine is “in transit” and has been since Monday! What does that even mean? Been told different things by so many people. Awful services. So I feel your pain
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

968Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin