Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • snedger
    • By snedger 10th Feb 19, 4:54 AM
    • 15Posts
    • 6Thanks
    snedger
    EON - preying on the dead
    • 10th Feb 19, 4:54 AM
    EON - preying on the dead 10th Feb 19 at 4:54 AM
    Hello
    In a previous, now closed, thread I reported my unpleasant fleetingly brief, not brief enough, experience of EON customer service.
    There is an outstanding debt owed to EON at my property - the previous resident was getting red letters from EON - in 2014 I informed EON that the previous resident was the caretaker for my block of flats and he had died at the ptoperty - since then I've received EON marked letters addressed to "The Caretaker".
    Today I accidentally opened a caretaker letter, EON have set the bailiffs on a ghost.
    I have found it very upsetting to receive letters addressed to a dead man because morons at EON were told that the previous resident was the caretaker - the man's name did not change.
    I will waste more of my time talking to the bailiffs - if they behave anything less than courteous then I will demand compensation from EON.
    EON - leave me alone!
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Feb 19, 7:03 AM
    • 38,619 Posts
    • 22,564 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th Feb 19, 7:03 AM
    • 10th Feb 19, 7:03 AM
    Eon are not pursuing you!

Why not simply return the letters unopened marked "deceased" and let them sort it.

When someone dies their debts live on

(Though a court order against "the caretaker" was a waste of Eon's time and money, as it will be for the bailiffs to try and enforce!)
    Last edited by Quentin; 10-02-2019 at 8:35 AM.
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 10th Feb 19, 8:14 AM
    • 4,068 Posts
    • 2,596 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 10th Feb 19, 8:14 AM
    • 10th Feb 19, 8:14 AM
    It was the responsibility of the Executor or Administrator to contact Eon.

Just put the correspondence in the bin.

PS Eon's staff are not morons.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    • 12th Feb 19, 12:10 PM
    E.ON Debt
    • 12th Feb 19, 12:10 PM
    Hello
    In a previous, now closed, thread I reported my unpleasant fleetingly brief, not brief enough, experience of EON customer service.
    There is an outstanding debt owed to EON at my property - the previous resident was getting red letters from EON - in 2014 I informed EON that the previous resident was the caretaker for my block of flats and he had died at the ptoperty - since then I've received EON marked letters addressed to "The Caretaker".
    Today I accidentally opened a caretaker letter, EON have set the bailiffs on a ghost.
    I have found it very upsetting to receive letters addressed to a dead man because morons at EON were told that the previous resident was the caretaker - the man's name did not change.
    I will waste more of my time talking to the bailiffs - if they behave anything less than courteous then I will demand compensation from EON.
    EON - leave me alone!
    Originally posted by snedger

Hello snedger and already some good advice on here - thanks all.

As has been said, as the debt we're dealing with belongs to the previous tenant, it won't affect you. Totally understand the frustration of receiving correspondence meant for others and, I suspect, we've never been given a forwarding address for those responsible for the debt.

Must agree, putting the account in the name of 'The Caretaker' isn't helpful.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,428Posts Today

5,431Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin