Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 5:38 PM
    • 3,930Posts
    • 2,943Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 5:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 5:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    £1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP £12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (£4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 1:15 PM.
Page 366
    • Lily54
    • By Lily54 29th Jan 19, 11:54 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    Lily54
    Argyle Street, Glasgow:
    Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow Pencil, Smoky Grey £1 - £5.99 at Boots! https://www.boots.com/maybelline-eye-studio-master-smokey-10145166

One for the crafters/knitters out there, 3 For 2, seems to be £1 each, otherwise.
    Nestle Original Shreddies 415g, £1

Robertson's Lemon Curd, 411g, £1

Union Street, Glasgow:
    Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner 200ml, £1
    MUA Luxe Vivid Lipstick £1 (various shades)

Might be a nice Valentine's extra - Technic Baked Hearts Lipgloss Duo, £1

Simple Kind To Skin Pure Hand Wash, 250ml, £1

Technic Tip Top Nail Tips (24 nails), £1

Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser, 125ml, £1,
    Simple Kind To Skin Eye Make-up Remover 125ml £1,
    Simple Water Boost Micellar Cleansing Water £1 (not sure of size but it doesn't look very big)

Johnson & Johnson Clean & Clear Morning Energy Skin Brightening Daily Facial Scrub (Oil-Free), 150ml, £1
    and Clean & Clear Exfoliating Daily Wash (Oil-Free), 150ml, £1.
    You'll notice there are also Dove Men+Care Moisturisers, 50ml (SPF15) at the £1 shelf but they scan at £2 (the assistant took them off me when I, politely, queried the price !).
    When Poundland first introduced over £1 pricing, and the item was in the wrong £1 section, they would give it to you for £1
    Originally posted by LouLou
    The Simple moisturiser is £2 or 3 for £5 in the Swansea store.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 29th Jan 19, 8:13 PM
    • 28,405 Posts
    • 60,557 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    A couple of things spotted in PoundLAND today: a 30ml dropper bottle of oil with bits in it. It turned out to be lavender oil for the bath . They had their fruit trees and rose bushes, and they looked healthy enough. However I advised another customer not to buy them right now, because they won't survive the snow tomorrow.

Lots of Valentines stuff in stock (the Aldi / Jo Malone lookalike candles have made a resurgence) and also 12-day pamper packs.

I walked out with my purse no lighter

I should say that I did venture into PoundSTRETCHER later and came away with some tulip bulbs for next year, reduced to 69p (from £1.49) for a pack of eight. My daffs are showing signs of life already, but it's the tulips I love
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 29-01-2019 at 8:26 PM.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 29th Jan 19, 9:22 PM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Trongate, Glasgow:

Kallo Organic Beef Gravy Granules packs (Gluten Free) 35g - says 3 for £1 which doesn't make sense, as it also says 25p - these scan at 25p.
    Weirdly I saw them later on in the Argyle Street store but there was no shelf label.

Argyle Street:
    Some decorative items, Top-Bottom, Left-Right - Parrots, Love Hearts, Decorative Canvas, Copper Colour Bells, Zebra Vases, Clear Jars, £1.

Only one of these, Batman Hot Wheels (3/5), all five here https://i.imgur.com/4TDsUiC.jpg?1

Is it just me who finds poo toys disturbing? £1
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 29th Jan 19, 10:09 PM
    • 28,405 Posts
    • 60,557 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Is it just me who finds poo toys disturbing? £1
    I wouldn't have believed it had you not posted the image. The mind boggles

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 31st Jan 19, 2:16 PM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    LouLou
    Quick one from the entrance of the Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow store (not seen these anywhere else, maybe I just haven't noticed?). Seabrook Cheese & Onion Crinkle Cut or Beefy Crinkle Cut (£1 Promo Packs) - 50p each, BBE date is April 2019.
    Last edited by LouLou; 31-01-2019 at 2:28 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 10th Feb 19, 5:51 PM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    LouLou
    Quick one from Union Street, Glasgow:

A nearby assistant confirmed these are £1 (thought they'd put the wrong price on the tubs). Palace Fenceguard Timber Treatment (Fences & Sheds) 5 Litres (25% Extra Free).

One Coat/Water Repellent/Long-Lasting/Improved Colour Range/Harmless To Pets And Plants

Assume the colour on the top of the lid is what's inside.

Also, The Original Candle Co Vanilla 6 x Votives for 25p (haven't been able to find many of these candles on offer - they're pretty decent!)

And, (saw these in a few stores) 33 Wash/1 Litre Fabric Conditioner varieties for £1 - Bergamot & Tuberose, Honeydew & Orange Blossom and Spring Fresh (limited edition). Made by Purity Global, who seem to make the Crystale Dishwasher products, often seen in Poundland, and other stores.

No idea if any good, trying Honeydew & Orange Blossom variety in a wash right now

May have been in Poundland for ages, but was looking for fabric conditioner today.

Last edited by LouLou; 14-02-2019 at 1:42 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 14th Feb 19, 1:54 PM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    LouLou
    Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow:

"Yes To" Coconut Creme Cleanser 118ml or Blueberries Body Wash 500ml, £1

yesto coconut Dry Skin Ultra Hydrating Creme Cleanser 118ml
    Yes to virgin coconut and chia seed oils for a moisture rich, decadent cleanse.
    Paraben-Free
    96% Natural Ingredients

yesto bluberries Dry Skin Ultra Hydrating Body Wash 500ml
    Yes to blueberries and shea butter to help moisturise and soften skin.
    95% Natural Ingredients

"Yes To" Blueberries Frizzy Hair Shampoo 280ml, £1

yesto blueberries Frizzy Hair Smooth & Shine Shampoo 280ml
    Yes to blueberries and kale leaf extract to help smooth and shine frizzy hair.
    Paraben Free
    98% Natural Ingredients

Barbie or Magnus Walker Hot Wheels, £1 each

Or "works with" GoPro Hot Wheels, £1

The £1 Fabric Conditioner previously mentioned is actually Spring FRESH, not Spring Breeze (amended the previous post) - they also have matching Laundry Liquid if you want to intensify the scent

I don't really like the sarky Valentine's mugs or cards (I must be mellowing in old age), or the Xmas ones for that matter - but Poundland have more middle-of-the-road mugs for Valentine's - amongst other things, at their Valentine's display, £1

Zoomable link so you can see all items here https://i.imgur.com/RuOIcBF.jpg

bellaPRO Concealer Brush or Fantail Powder Brush (can see reviews on US sites that look favourable), £1

"Marble" effect Blending Sponge or or Unicorn Makeup Brush (Poundland-brand this time - at the Valentine's display above), £1
    bellabeauty Nail Art Design Set £1
    Last edited by LouLou; 14-02-2019 at 11:44 PM.
    • Agusssiia
    • By Agusssiia 14th Feb 19, 11:43 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Agusssiia
    Huge range of new cheap toiletries in paundland wakefield
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 17th Feb 19, 6:26 PM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow tonight - thought these Geometric shaped Mixer and Tall Glasses looked nice, £1.

Also Hot Wheels "Forza Sport" varieties £1
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 18th Feb 19, 4:54 PM
    • 28,405 Posts
    • 60,557 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Has anyone come across wood varnish in the Land of the Pound?

• fiscalfreckles
    • By fiscalfreckles 19th Feb 19, 1:43 PM
    • 2,372 Posts
    • 1,886 Thanks
    fiscalfreckles

Paraben-Free
    96% Natural Ingredients

95% Natural Ingredients

"Yes To" Blueberries Frizzy Hair Shampoo 280ml, £1

yesto blueberries Frizzy Hair Smooth & Shine Shampoo 280ml
    Yes to blueberries and kale leaf extract to help smooth and shine frizzy hair.
    Paraben Free
    98% Natural Ingredients

Picked up some of the Bluberry & Shea Body Wash - and a Carrot & Melon version and looking forward to trying them as they both smell delicious! Nice big bottles and hopefully will suit hubby's sensitive skin too.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 20th Feb 19, 11:14 AM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    LouLou
    Quick one from Trongate, Glasgow (at the tills): 4 x 38g packs of Orange Smarties, £1 (BBE 03/2019 so you'd have to eat them quickly!)
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 20th Feb 19, 11:53 AM
    • 28,405 Posts
    • 60,557 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Quick one from Trongate, Glasgow (at the tills): 4 x 38g packs of Orange Smarties, £1 (BBE 03/2019 so you'd have to eat them quickly!)
    Just doing the maths mentally - I bought the large (150g) tubes after Christmas for 50p (to help my niece with arithmetic) so I think that was a better deal. And still in date AFAIK.

What is it with orange smarties? Do people eschew them? I think they taste ok.

• Mee
    • By Mee 23rd Feb 19, 4:56 PM
    • 1,176 Posts
    • 1,126 Thanks
    Mee

Paraben-Free
    96% Natural Ingredients

95% Natural Ingredients

Only spotted the Yes to... range in Poundland yesterday, wondering what I missed...
    I could hear OMG Janice style in my head as I clocked Yes To Blueberries Dry Skin Ultra Hydrating Body Wash 500ml; Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Body Wash (500 ml), and Yes To Carrots Moisturising Hand Cream 85ml. Extremely happy...
    Free thinker.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 23rd Feb 19, 9:42 PM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow -

Weirdly, the "Yes To" Dry Skin Coconut Crème Cleanser 118ml is £1. (There's also a Bio Glow Nature Inspired Cocoa Butter 200ml, on the left, Cruelty Free & Vegan, £1 that looks interesting)

BUT the "Yes To" Body Washes, Shampoos and Conditioners are £2 in this store

No idea if they're a load of old rubbish, but Chess, Draughts and Ludo Snakes & Ladders board games for £1 (the abandoned McD cups aren't mine!)

100% Die Cast Metal Nano Metalfigs Harry Potter figures £1

Science Museum Airfoil Model Up, Up And Away (ages 8+ Contains nine projects to build, fly and learn about the theory of flight), £1 and Out Of The Blue Solar System Kit (Age 8+) Build Your Own Solar System), £1

Jurassic World (Glows In The Dark/Sticker Sheet Included) Dig & Make T-Rex £1

Lots of LOL Surprise! things, top-bottom: Sticker Booklet, Stamps, Pencil Cases (?), Boot Bags, seem to be all £1 each.

Full size page: https://i.imgur.com/YpatCru.jpg
    Last edited by LouLou; 23-02-2019 at 11:44 PM.
    • Mee
    • By Mee 24th Feb 19, 10:07 AM
    • 1,176 Posts
    • 1,126 Thanks
    Mee
    Yes to £1 v £2.00
    Just clocked Yes to... range on the £2.00 shelf in LouLou's post. Mine definitely came up as £1.00.
    Free thinker.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 24th Feb 19, 11:43 AM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    LouLou
    Just clocked Yes to... range on the £2.00 shelf in LouLou's post. Mine definitely came up as £1.00.
    Originally posted by Mee
    Might try again, then, the Face Cleanser I DID buy last night (again) from Argyle Street and it scanned at £1 (took a picture of the receipt and posted it on HUKD - it's here.)

Unless you mean different Poundlands are pricing theirs differently (as happened for me in Sauchiehall Street?).

Wanted more Shampoos/Body Washes/Conditioners but didn't want a conflict at the till right before closing time!
    Last edited by LouLou; 24-02-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 24th Feb 19, 4:30 PM
    • 28,405 Posts
    • 60,557 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    The Ludo / Snakes and Ladders and draughts will come in handy. Although the little one might get bored with them easily as she's already playing chess.

• savingmonkey
    • By savingmonkey 24th Feb 19, 7:46 PM
    • 926 Posts
    • 1,336 Thanks
    savingmonkey
    Might try again, then, the Face Cleanser I DID buy last night (again) from Argyle Street and it scanned at £1 (took a picture of the receipt and posted it on HUKD - it's here.)

Unless you mean different Poundlands are pricing theirs differently (as happened for me in Sauchiehall Street?).

Wanted more Shampoos/Body Washes/Conditioners but didn't want a conflict at the till right before closing time!
    Definitely worth getting them scanned to check prices. I wanted the simple products but they were priced on shelf at £2. I even asked at the till and staff said they were £2. I had to persuade them to scan them and much to their surprise they came up at £1
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 24th Feb 19, 9:09 PM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    LouLou
    Definitely worth getting them scanned to check prices. I wanted the simple products but they were priced on shelf at £2. I even asked at the till and staff said they were £2. I had to persuade them to scan them and much to their surprise they came up at £1
    Originally posted by savingmonkey
    Thanks very much for clarifying - I'll try going back soon, wasn't in the Argyle Street store tonight

From Trongate, Glasgow, around 7pm:

Dream Creations Doll Buggy £5, think this is the same one from Amazon

Sharwood's Sweet And Sour or Black Bean Sauce 195g, 50p, BBE March 2020

There's also much bigger Sharwood's Beef And Black Bean Sauce & Red Pepper 425g jars at the back of the display bin (the assistant told me it has to manually be put through at the till at the lower 50p price - there's a few left) - BBE May 2020.
    Last edited by LouLou; 24-02-2019 at 9:35 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

82Posts Today

1,124Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin