MSE News: Dairy Milk is nation's favourite chocolate bar

Comments

• greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Not Naomi Campbells favourite chocolate by the sound of it..........
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Cocoa powder flavour eewwww

What do you think Chocolate is made from?
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • cepheus
    cepheus Posts: 20,053 Forumite
    What has thisgot to do with MSE?

Presumably the contenental chocolate in Aldi is better and cheaper.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    7 of the 10 choices are made by Cadbury anyway. Why no Aero or Mars Bars as an option?

They were an option, but the link in the first post only shows the top 10 results.

If you want to see them all, look here

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/poll/17-05-2011/-which-chocolate-bars-your-favourite
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    As no one chocolate bar got more than half the votes, there is no clear winner.
    That's not how most voting systems work.
    poppy10
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    poppy10 wrote: »
    That's not how most voting systems work.

I'm not arguing about the way the voting works, just the way the results are described.

Dairy milk was in the top 3 favourites for 15% of the voters, it was not in the top 3 favourites for the other 85% of the voters. So I object to it being called "the nations favourite", based on those results.
  • luvsnail
    luvsnail Posts: 27 Forumite
    I'm not arguing about the way the voting works, just the way the results are described.

Dairy milk was in the top 3 favourites for 15% of the voters, it was not in the top 3 favourites for the other 85% of the voters. So I object to it being called "the nations favourite", based on those results.

You should be thankful this is about something as trivial as chocolate bars. The real travesty is that the same broken system is used to elect the "nation's favourite" government. Thanks to an avalanche of idiocy on referendum day it seems it's going to stay that way for quite some time!

(And no, the chocolate bar poll was not done by AV. Despite the deliberate misunderstanding of the "No" campaign, AV is not about letting people vote more than once - effectively what happened here. A true AV poll would count the votes in such a way that the eventual winner would be the chocolate bar that at least 50% of the voters would be happy to describe as the "nation's favourite", even if it's not their personal first choice).

I have to agree with ariba10 though - Dairy Milk is probably better described as solidified sugary milk rather than chocolate!

OK, rant over - resume Bank Holiday chocolate consumption! :A
  • Zebra
    Zebra Posts: 6,702 Forumite
    Martin Lewis - Consumer Chompion :D
  • Is it just me but does Cadburys chocolate not taste the same as it used to? I bought some recently and it tasted really really sweet and didn't have the distinctive Cadbury taste I remember. It wasn't nice.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • corbyboy
    corbyboy Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    No Mars Bar in the top 10, that's a bit of a surprise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure