What % do you pay?

Just wondering what % everyone pays into their work pension?

My employer sets us up at 5% but I'm debating increasing this..

Comments

• jefaz07
    jefaz07 Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    What does your employer contribute?
  • bolwin1
    bolwin1 Posts: 248 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Currently paying in 11% & employer puts in 5%. I started paying into a pension scheme at the age of 21 & have always paid more than the minimum. I'm 54 now & will comfortably be able to retire at 60 & possibly 2-3 years earlier then that.
  • At the moment 3% but after 12months service (currently at 4months) they increase to 10%
  • 30% me
    12% er
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,599 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    50% me, 10% employer - 52 and planning to retire at 58
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • JoeCrystal
    JoeCrystal Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I pay 3% of my income above the qualifying earnings of £6,136 and my employer pay in 5%. I used to pay 17% of my earnings on top into my personal pension but reduced it to 8% as I am focusing on paying off the debts. So 16% overall.
  • 75% of full salary via salary sacrifice in the 3 years prior to early retirement.
  • I pay 8% & my work pay 14%. I'm 37 & this is my only DC scheme. I paid into a DB for 10 years until it was closed & transferred its replacement DC pension (3 years worth) into my current works DC when I moved jobs.

It's salary sacrifice, so I'll be upping my contribution to 10% when the annual payrise comes round next year. Works will stay at 14%.
    I also pay £200 a month into a LISA. I'd get more for my money if I Sal Sac this into the pension but I want to build as much flexibility as I can for tax free income in retirement (aiming for 60) & I can only pay into a LISA for another 13 years.

I'll increase my pension payments once I get to 50, when the LISA payments will stop & my mortgage will be gone.
  • 9% for me and 15% from company, 1 1/2 years to start collecting.
    Mortgage free
    Vocational freedom has arrived
  • Everything I can.
    £40,000 (roughly 35% of salary) combined from employer and I, under salsac. Employer is 8% (plus a bit of saved NI) - roughly £10,000.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure