Money transfer stoozing

Hi

So I’m totally new to this. The only thing I remember is my grandad doing this in the good ole days,always remember he had about 20 credit cards stacked up in the draw.

So the only reason I am querying now is that I have just noticed on barclaycard I have a money transfer 0% offer until nov 2021😀 with a 2.4% fee.

How can I utilise this as I’ve got around 12k I could move?

I noticed people talking about the 2 card trick.....

Any help appreciated

Tom
£10 a day - 2015 - £1173.06

check out ukroadcycling

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    24 months at 0% with a 2.4% fee existing customer money transfer offer? Are you sure?
    If you use your Barclaycard up to it's limit hope you have other cards to use for purchases and normal day to day spending.
    You pay a fee of 2.4% on £12,000 which is £288.
    Just how much interest do you think you will get on this money?
    You put it in which account? What is the interest rate?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,400
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    24 months at 0% with a 2.4% fee existing customer money transfer offer? Are you sure?
    If you use your Barclaycard up to it's limit hope you have other cards to use for purchases and normal day to day spending.
    You pay a fee of 2.4% on £12,000 which is £288.
    Just how much interest do you think you will get on this money?
    You put it in which account? What is the interest rate?
    A 2-year fix at 2.17% AER with Al Rayan would (or perhaps 'should') earn £526, so not an insignificant net return after fee deduction, albeit not a match for the glory days of stoozing!
  • Ben8282
    Forumite
    eskbanker wrote: »
    A 2-year fix at 2.17% AER with Al Rayan would (or perhaps 'should') earn £526, so not an insignificant net return after fee deduction, albeit not a match for the glory days of stoozing!
    Don't forget tax as well. Not to mention the improbability of this existing customer offer being as stated.
  • Wow Ben your quick to jump down people’s throats
    £10 a day - 2015 - £1173.06

check out ukroadcycling
  • Ben8282
    Forumite
    No not jumping down your throat. Just suggesting that you may have misread the existing customer offer that you think you have. A money transfer for 24 months at 0% interest with a 2.4% fee. That is why I asked if you were sure.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,794
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My current offer from Barclaycard is 2.4% fee zero interest until May 2021 ie 18 months.
    The OP quite likely has a 2 year offer as not everyone is offered the same.
    As to whether it is worthwhile you can use the stoozing calculator to calculate your likely profit.
    The drawback with Barlaycard is that it requires a minimum monthly repayment of 2.5% of outstanding balance which reduces the potential profits.
  • Ben8282 wrote: »

This is the offer i have on my account too (slightly less than 24 months now we're half way through the month, but it was there at the end of October initially).

0% interest on balance transfers until 1 November 2021
    Balance transfer fee 2.4%
  • Ben8282
    Forumite
    blitzboy wrote: »
    This is the offer i have on my account too (slightly less than 24 months now we're half way through the month, but it was there at the end of October initially).

0% interest on balance transfers until 1 November 2021
    Balance transfer fee 2.4%

No. OP specifically states money transfer.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 15 November 2019 at 7:24PM
    eskbanker wrote: »
    With a 2.25% minimum payment, the OP would need a 1.55% AER return just to break even. And that rate would need to be fixed...variable rates are the enemy of the stoozer paying BT/MT fees. I don't think I'd take the 2.17% deal for £2/week profit.

OP is making me feel old though with their grandad statement. In my glory days I had £80K making 5% AER...over £250/month in interest after tax.
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    No need for such incredulity. My current offer from Barclaycard is 0% interest for 24 months on either BT or MT for a fee of 1.9%

I paid off my last Barclaycard stooze only 2 months ago.

Obviously some customers get better offers than others. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure