Pension refund

2»

Comments

• The op doesn't need/want the pension despite it no doubt being worth considerably more than the (net of tax) refund.

Which does beg the question why the concern about how long it will take to come through.
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,617 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The op doesn't need/want the pension despite it no doubt being worth considerably more than the (net of tax) refund.

Which does beg the question why the concern about how long it will take to come through.

Because OP needs the money now! People have been so busy telling her it's a bad idea they've rather overlooked the fact that she is out of work and short of cash.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • Thankyou, someone that finally understands my point of view!
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Steph.87 wrote: »
    Thankyou, someone that finally understands my point of view!

Can't you get your husband to give you the money?

Often you see figures that are as much as 10 times worse by taking the money rather than transferring it to another pension (i.e. £500 if refunded vs £5000 if transferred)

This is why people are saying that it is probably a bad move.
  • swindiff
    swindiff Posts: 863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    My wife recently transferred due to service in a role just under 2 years. £1500 refund or £7500 transfer. By refunding you basically lose all your employer contributions and tax relief.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure