Filling out BR form - Help!

Options
Hi everyone

I've just started my online BR application and have already got stuck :(

I have three children, 21, 18 & 13. Both my eldest children are at University but are at home for 4 months per academic year and during this time are financial dependent on me alone. During term time they both live off their maintenance grants. That said, I'm often subbing them during term time too due to the maintenance grant being pretty small for them.

The form doesn't give me an option to explain this, it just seems to be a yes or no question... list children who are financial dependent on you. Well, yes they are but only for 4 months per year?

Not sure how to proceed?! If I only list my 13 yr old that isn't a true representation of who I support financially but at the same time it's not true if I list all three of them because it's only for part of the year.

If any one has been in the same position or anyone who has any advice that would be great! I can't proceed past this bit.

Thanks in advance
Holly

Comments

• Minkym00
    Minkym00 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tick yes that they are financially dependent on you. It doesn't have to be all year round.

I really wouldn't stress about it.You can explain the exact circumstances at your interview.
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ....That said, I'm often subbing them during term time too due to the maintenance grant being pretty small for them....Holly

no relevance to your BR application but based on your income they should both be getting the maximum loan - I know thats not much after they've paid rent for halls etc. but check they are getting the maximum.
  • MissMollyJ
    Options
    My daughters both went through uni (one still there) on maintenance grant and part time bar work. I would ask your children if they can get 2-3 shifts a week so they don’t need subbing as a first step to helping you out. X
    £2 Savers Club 2020 no. 9
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport