seller resent item after ebay case closed

bought a widget for £200
came promptly but could not use it as seller left account details on

seller tried to give me account details but password always wrong

ebay stepped in and i sent the item back and ebay refunded

seller has taken it on himself to reset it and send it back even after i said not to

so it has arrived today with loads of other mail if i had seen it i would have refused delivery

i just going to wait till he contacts me and asks for it back once he realises hes not been paid for it, but he can only have it back one he pays for postage upfront

really dont understand some sellers, hes now out of pocket £200

and i have my money and item i do not want!

Comments

• janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    He has ignored Ebay`s rulings and he would be hard pressed to get his item back.

You could always ring Customer Services for advice as well and then there is an audit trail of your conversation.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,193 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    janb5 wrote: »
    He has ignored Ebay`s rulings and he would be hard pressed to get his item back.

You could always ring Customer Services for advice as well and then there is an audit trail of your conversation.

No need to phone eBay , the CS reps make it up as they go along . I'd do exactly as Op suggests , perhaps let seller know they have the item and will return it if seller arranges return postage or collection.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin wrote: »
    perhaps let seller know they have the item and will return it if seller arranges return postage or collection.

My opinion would be return postage for a traceable service only.

If the OP was to agree to having the item collected, they might have to wait in for someone to collect it, a collection that may not happen at the planned time or even at all.
    At least with postage, they are not relying on anyone else and can go to a post office at a time that suits them.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    My opinion would be return postage for a traceable service only.

If the OP was to agree to having the item collected, they might have to wait in for someone to collect it, a collection that may not happen at the planned time or even at all.
    At least with postage, they are not relying on anyone else and can go to a post office at a time that suits them.

As long as the OP tells the seller the item is ready for return and makes it available there isn't any further needed.
  • As long as the OP tells the seller the item is ready for return and makes it available there isn't any further needed.

Nothing apart from having to agree a time & date for the item to be collected and possibly having to wait in for that collection to happen or are you saying that once the OP tells the seller that the item is ready for collection, they don't have to agree to it being collected?
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Nothing apart from having to agree a time & date for the item to be collected and possibly having to wait in for that collection to happen or are you saying that once the OP tells the seller that the item is ready for collection, they don't have to agree to it being collected?

Here it is again for clarity.
    As long as the OP tells the seller the item is ready for return and makes it available there isn't any further needed.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Why not just check how much it will cost to return, ask the seller to send you a label or pay the amount into Paypal then drop it off at the PO? (With proof of postage).
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,193 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Why not just check how much it will cost to return, ask the seller to send you a label or pay the amount into Paypal then drop it off at the PO? (With proof of postage).

If seller isn't responding already then there seems little point in worrying about it. Best to just to get the seller to put some effort into this now . All that is legally required is that item is made available for seller to arrange to collect or negotiate with buyer to post.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I think it is perfectly reasonable to give a time limit for the seller to sort out arrangements for the return. I would tell them that if they have not done this by Christmas you will consider it a present.
  • well i have not heard anything from the seller and i have not contacted them, after that difficult purchase i have not even opened it and have chucked it in the garage waiting for them to contact me
    will update the thread if anything happens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport