What defines you?

Apparently it's the number 1 song on your 14th Birthday!

It was trending on Twitter recently , so it must be true eh? Don't know why 14th specifically but here's mine.
"Save your Love..... Renee and Renato and my O.H life defiining song was "Too Shy".....Kajagoogoo.

https://www.officialcharts.com
Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    More than likely just a way to get information.

After all if people respond by posting what single was number 1 on the week of their 14th birthday, you've narrowed it down to 7 possible dates for your birthday.

Which can then be mined for advertising, scamming or hacking purposes.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

After all if people respond by posting what single was number 1 on the week of their 14th birthday, you've narrowed it down to 7 possible dates for your birthday.

It's a wonder more people aren't aware of this fishing trait to obtain password information and stuff,you see these daft requests all to often on facebook.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,962 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Clearly the OP has been contributing to topics on this board for the last NINE YEARS simply in anticipation of mining this valuable information :rotfl:.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Clearly the OP has been contributing to topics on this board for the last NINE YEARS simply in anticipation of mining this valuable information :rotfl:.

No, that's what Facebook and Twitter supposedly do to mine information not the op !.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Well my defining moment was "Save all your kisses for me" Brotherhood of Man.
  • Bloody hell if some random song, on a random date, defines me I'm in trouble!
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

Please re-read my post, I wasn't accusing the OP of data mining. Simply making others aware of the potential risks in partaking in those "fun" quizzes/questions you get on social media.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Bloody hell if some random song, on a random date, defines me I'm in trouble!

Well it could be the last 3 digits of your mobile means xyz this month and the first 3 digits mean something else next month.

I'm on no social media - Facebook, Twitter, but I know it can mean xyz. It's pathetic.
  • What you think will define you will affect how you see yourself. Then you will try to force this self image onto others. Welcome to the eighties designer world?
    When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you. Nietzsche

Please note that at no point during this work was the kettle ever put out of commission and no chavs were harmed during the making of this post.
  • Searchers - Needles And Pins

Quite liked it, but I don't think it was my defining moment. :) What a sad life I'd have had if it did!

Lyrics
    I saw her today, I saw her face, it was a face I loved, and I knew
    I had to run away, and get down on my knees and pray that they'd go away
    But still they'd begin, needles and pins
    Because of all my pride, the tears I gotta hide
    Hey I thought I was smart, I'd won her heart
    Didn't think I'd do, but now I see
    She's worse to him than me, let her go ahead
    Take his love instead, and one day she will see
    Just how to say please, and get down on her knees
    Hey that's how it begins, she'll feel those needles and pins
    A-hurtin' her, a-hurtin' her
    Why can't I stop and tell myself I'm wrong, I'm wrong, so wrong
    Why can't I stand up and tell myself I'm strong
    Because I saw her today, I saw her face, it was a face I loved, and I knew
    I had to run away, and get down on my knees and pray that they'd go away
    But still they'd begin needles and pins
    Because of all my pride, the tears I gotta hide
    Oh needles and pins, needles and pins, needles and pins
    Songwriters: Jack Nitzsche / Sonny Bono
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure