PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »

Kittie, thanks for bit about MS Money, I rely on it as well,

I was devastated when I thought I had lost it. It doesn`t work with windows 10. I back up m/s money often now and may well print off all the bills, the forthcoming events over the year. I rely on it to keep my budget on the straight and narrow. It has helped no end, ever since Irishjohn on the widows thread recommended it. I used to use it hence me having the dvd but never needed it more since being single with a fixed income

I am finished with food for today and will start tomorrow with eggy bread, grilled tomato and brown sauce and then have the lovely oaty ambrosia mid morning. Fish and mixed veg for lunch, I need to turn the frozen fish over, doesn`t keep as long as meat
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,221 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    It's now pouring here and quite windy. I don't think I've ever been so pleased to see it raining:D

I hope it doesn't freeze over, ours didn't but seems it did Devon way

Now full of pie, chips & gravy, one slight nod to veggies was a boiled beetroot with it, with my salady sarnie that is 3/5 of my target, no fruit in the house, or freezer, so fruit nibbling is out
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've over-eaten (again). But that happens to everybody quite a few times, so this is a Guilt Free Zone about it.

ok yes, I confess, me too I raided the cadbury fingers, the onesI stuffed into a bag to go with the chocolate bunnies for the grandchildren. I wish I hadn`t but heyho. Lots of people are nibbling at the moment
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    I hope it doesn't freeze over, ours didn't but seems it did Devon way
    Hopefully not, the forecast shows hovering above freezing so fingers crossed it hovers on the right side of it!

I've definitely been less munchy today not sure if it because it's milder or because of my largeish cooked brunch. Either way the Christmas choccies remain unraided:).

The belly pork slices are quietly braising in stock and herbs, they smell fab. Once they're done I just need to pop them in a hot oven so the go crisp while I prep/cook some cabbage & broccoli. My spuds are already cooked so just need a quick nuke. I'll keep the cooking broth as I think it would make a good base for an asian type noodle soup at some point, roll on the weather for lighter foods rather than belly filler/warmers:)
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    caronc you have to be very careful for quite a while. Air temperature can be high but ground temperature will be below freezing, bigger mass so takes a lot longer to warm. It will look very deceptive and any superficial melt will freeze on the ground. It is pouring down just now and everywhere was already sodden. I am being patient but want to get out on my bike and to the allotment.

We need the march winds to dry the ground. Have to think of seed sowing soon but spring will be late this year
  • caronc
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    caronc you have to be very careful for quite a while. Air temperature can be high but ground temperature will be below freezing, bigger mass so takes a lot longer to warm. It will look very deceptive and any superficial melt will freeze on the ground. It is pouring down just now and everywhere was already sodden. I am being patient but want to get out on my bike and to the allotment.

We need the march winds to dry the ground. Have to think of seed sowing soon but spring will be late this year
    Thanks kittie - don't worry I will be, if it's at all dodgy I don't risk it:)
    I was thinking I might start some chilli seeds in the next week or so if we get some sunshine instead of gloom.
    As always everything else will wait to get sown until at least the beginning of April as it's not worth it here before then as even in the conservatory they don't thrive!
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Raining here too, looks like there's going to be a day of it tomorrow and here was me thinking to get my shopping done early then head out for a long walk - I badly need to catch up a few miles after such a lazy week, I only managed 5.25 Mon & Tues.

Shame about your car Faraway I hope they get you started again, not so lucky for a friend of mine she had to shell out £75 for a call out and a new battery on Friday.

Another piece of cake consumed here too :o think I'll go off to bed soon stop me eating anymore.
  • caronc
    Options
    Sorry Farway missed it about your car being kaput, hope it's not too expensive to get going again.
  • caronc
    Options
    Raining here too, looks like there's going to be a day of it tomorrow and here was me thinking to get my shopping done early then head out for a long walk - I badly need to catch up a few miles after such a lazy week, I only managed 5.25 Mon & Tues.
    I've only managed 10 for the whole week :o
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got up a while ago, had a coffee .... and only just realised it's the time it is. I thought it was about 6.30 or so.

Oh well... up now. I'm guessing I'll have toast in a bit.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback