Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• StuPot wrote: »
    I signed up to MSE’s Cheap Energy Club last year and have no regrets whatsoever; it is simply brilliant. It firstly recommended that I move to Arvo which I truly did and everything went really well during the switch. I’ve had good comms with them and had no surprises. 3 months in and MSE’s Cheap Energy Club emailed to say that a better tariff (but remaining with Arvo) was available which I duly applied to Arvo to switch to. Again, no dramas and everything has gone well for the 12 months that I have been on this tariff.

Unfortunately this is now coming to an end and Arvo aren’t as competitive so I’m afraid that I will be taking MSE Cheap Energy Club’s advice and moving to another provider. I must stress that it is with regret that I do this as I do rate them as being very good but they’re not even close to what the Club’s best suggestion is; they are about £100 more expensive.

In summary, for customer service and professionalism, I highly recommend Arvo and would have no hesitation in returning to them.

Who are you moving to?
  • update Sept 1. 2018
    Now into year 2 with Avro. Still smiling ! Initial estimated readings now approaching reality.
    Free 0800 tel no. on emails discontinued, but hey ! just renewed 1 year fixed term dual fuel contract to Simple & Summertime and the price has DROPPED by £12/yr !
    AVRO now get 11/10 from me, no probs, great service, & price dropping when British Gas prices rising.
    And no, I don't work for Avro !
    I'm an early retired electrical technician.
    Big thanks to MSE’s Cheap Energy Club.
  • Clive_x wrote: »
    update Sept 1. 2018
    Now into year 2 with Avro. Still smiling ! Initial estimated readings now approaching reality.
    Free 0800 tel no. on emails discontinued, but hey ! just renewed 1 year fixed term dual fuel contract to Simple & Summertime and the price has DROPPED by £12/yr !
    AVRO now get 11/10 from me, no probs, great service, & price dropping when British Gas prices rising.
    And no, I don't work for Avro !
    I'm an early retired electrical technician.
    Big thanks to MSE’s Cheap Energy Club.

That’s interesting;...what tariff have you been on for the last 12 months?

My current 12-month deal with Avro (Simple & Supreme) ends in 4 days time and I’ve switched to another supplier.

None of the recent Avro tariffs would have meant a cheaper deal for me,...far from it.
  • Clive_x
    Clive_x Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post
    Hi Bri,
    I WAS on Simple & Value. Dual fuel / fixed 1yr tariff /direct debit.
    Must say I was a little surprised at the drop in price, esp as British Gas just announced a rise.
    Talk to Avro over email, I found them very helpful and efficient.
    By the way, is that your birthday in your username?
    Not good practice if it is !
    DOB is a key piece of info in ID theft.
    Clive x
  • Clive_x wrote: »
    Hi Bri,
    I WAS on Simple & Value. Dual fuel / fixed 1yr tariff /direct debit.
    Must say I was a little surprised at the drop in price, esp as British Gas just announced a rise.
    Talk to Avro over email, I found them very helpful and efficient.
    By the way, is that your birthday in your username?
    Not good practice if it is !
    DOB is a key piece of info in ID theft.
    Clive x

Thanks for that Clive;

...and no its not my birthday,;...its an amalgamation of house numbers, but good advice nonetheless!:)
  • I have just renewed for when my fixed tariff ends on 17th. I have been with Avro since Feb 2017 and they are easy to communicate with (mainly email). I will go onto the fixed for 12 months Simple and Summerplan which is one of the cheaper tariffs with feedback on the Energy Club site.
    My online account is easy to navigate and submit meter readings. I can also switch to my mum's account on the same login as she doesn't use email which makes things easy. She has been with them since April after a lifetime with the Big Six (finally convinced her to switch) and is now saving a large amount of money which is great. I am going to request a refund on my account which is in credit on the anniversary of my fixed tariff next week. I have been told this will be ok if I give up to date meter readings for the bill. Everything is going smoothly so I am happy with Avroenergy.
  • I have been with Avro for nearly a year on a fixed price contract.
    My monthly direct debit was a third higher than initially quoted but they said they would adjust it after 4 months. They have refused to change the amount.
    I submit my actual meter readings very month, somethings twice and they keep on using estimated readings. I haven’t even reached the estimated amounts from 3 months ago and I haven’t had an online bill since July. I have calculated that they own me about £250-300.
    Phone calls on hold disconnect after 20 minutes and still no reply from emails. What can I do?
  • CaroArm wrote: »
    . . . Phone calls on hold disconnect after 20 minutes and still no reply from emails. What can I do?
    You can start their formal (written) complaints procedure. The process takes time but it should, at least, get their attention. It might be a good idea to to include a demand for their justification for the level of DD they have set. Ofgem (ha, ha) say you are entitled to a fair DD but do not qualify the meaning of "fair" in this context.

If you're not confident at complaining, you might want to consider using MSE's complaints tool at <Resolver>.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Switched to Avro a month or so ago and all has gone smoothly.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • Hello
    I have been an Avro customer for the past year. Every month I have submitted my gas and electricity meter readings at the same time. My price plan is coming to an end and so I checked my bills to see what my annual usage is to run a comparison. I then found that they have not been taking my electricity meter readings into account. They have been using the gas readings submitted at the same time. This means they have allowed my account to accumulate £107 worth of unnecessary debt.
    I phoned them and asked why the readings hadn't been taken into account. I was told that they thought my readings were too high and therefore used an estimation instead. I asked why I have never been made aware of this. I was told they are not allowed to give me this information.
    I am frustrated that a debt has been allowed to accumulate despite me keeping them informed every month. I now have to pay the debt of £107 before I can switch to another provider. Is there anything I can do to challenge this?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback