Who to claim against?

I successfully made a Plevin claim earlier this year against my card provider MBNA. I didn’t make a claim about the ppi itself as I’m satisfied it wasn’t missold and I’ve claimed on the policy a couple of times. Here’s my question, the card used to be a Virgin one up until 2013 when it transferred to MBNA. Should I be making a further claim to Virgin too as the original card provider? I’m a bit clueless when it comes to this!

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The new company that buys it assumes liability. You can't claim the sales commission back twice
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Gayle1983 wrote: »
    Here’s my question, the card used to be a Virgin one up until 2013 when it transferred to MBNA. Should I be making a further claim to Virgin too as the original card provider?
    Since the commission was only paid once, you only get a Plevin refund once.
  • Gayle1983
    Gayle1983 Posts: 53 Forumite
    I wasn!!!8217;t sure whether the commission formed part of the ongoing payments I make for ppi or whether it was just a one off payment right at the start. Sounds like it!!!8217;s just been a one off payment then?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Gayle1983 wrote: »
    Sounds like it's just been a one off payment then?
    MBNA assumed liability for any mis-selling etc, so you have already had a refund of all the undisclosed commission over 50% you paid when the card was Virgin.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure