PPI Pre 1988

I have a MORTGAGE HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY dated 23/11/1981. Can I make a PPI claim for this? I have been told PPI only came into existence in 1988 so what is it that I have? Please can anyone enlighten me!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You can't complain that something was PPI when it wasn't PPI.

What are your reasons for wanting to complain about this forty-year-old insurance policy?

What was wrong with the insurance? How was it mis-sold to you?
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    The policy documents will tell you how the policy worked and what cover it provided.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,369 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Can I make a PPI claim for this?

Is it PPI? (it could be life assurance - the word health could also apply to permanent health insurance which was often used to cover mortgages back then)
    Does it matter if its PPI?
    I have been told PPI only came into existence in 1988 so what is it that I have?

It was introduced early 80s but didnt become mainstream until late 80s and the banks didnt really start misselling it until early 90s.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure