Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy

Comments

• neil9313
    neil9313 Posts: 696 Forumite
    Hengus wrote: »
    I have taken the plunge and changed tariffs without penalty. Zog are playing a clever game by pitching their prices at the bottom of the market. Given that all the Big 6 have now announced their summer prices, I am pretty confident that we are not going to see a raft of dropping prices in the months to come.

As usual, Zog CS's response was very fast.

Ditto, I have now gone for Mercury 12, Agree that the prices won't move to far downwards.
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I want this tariff, but my fix doesn't end until may. Hope it sticks around for a bit!
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I am with Zog Mercury 12 since last October as they were cheaper than the rest.
    I done a quick work out on prices and on using 12,000kwh which i use i would be £80 odd better off.
    I emailed them this morning about changing tariff and was told that i can do that but i will have to pay a £30 exit fee.
    A poster on this thread said they changed fee free to the new prices but i am not sure if they were out of min term contract.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Boohoo wrote: »
    I am with Zog Mercury 12 since last October as they were cheaper than the rest.
    I done a quick work out on prices and on using 12,000kwh which i use i would be £80 odd better off.
    I emailed them this morning about changing tariff and was told that i can do that but i will have to pay a £30 exit fee.
    A poster on this thread said they changed fee free to the new prices but i am not sure if they were out of min term contract.

I switched from Saturn so the transfer was without penalty. The downside is that exit fees now apply if I wish to transfer again before mid Jan 2017. Only you can judge whether it is worth paying £30. Before doing so, you need to bear in mind that you use 70% of your predicted usage in the Winter so the £80 saving will be less than £80 by 8/12. My guess is that it isn't worth doing unless having certainty over the 2016/17 Winter is important to you.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Last time I checked with them the answer was no. They want the £30.

Correct, if you are on Mercury 12 (or any other tariff with an early exit fee) they will not allow tariff swapping unless you agree to the early exit fee. That's even within the last 49 days - they will start a new contract on the last day of the old one which is the only way to avoid the fee
    (You can, of course, change supplier in the last 49 days without an early exit fee)
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Interestingly, they've changed the process for renewimng a contract (and I'm not sure it will necessarily comply with Ofgem requirements)

Last year they simply sent an email with your new offer fully described 49 days before renewal.

This year they have automated the process, and all they send you is a link to your account online.
    That means you get offered the various tariff applicable at the time.

However I was sent my renewal offer end of last month (49 days before renewal)
    I clicked the link, but I didn't accept at the time, thinking over my options.

But with this new, lower tariff I may have made my mind up. So I clicked the link again to check if I can now get it, and sure it is there. But the old price has gone.

Not a problem this time as prices have gone down, but what if prices had increased?
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We recently signed up to Zog for gas on the Saturn 12 tariff, as it did not have an exit fee and was about the same cost as the Mercury 12 tariff.

However, noticed that the Mercury 12 tariff has recently been reduced and now works out about £28 cheaper for us, so asked what we needed to do to switch to it.

Reply from Zog states there is a £30 exit fee to change from Saturn 12. Confused!

Have emailed back to Zog to ask why the exit fee, as we have paperwork from them that confirms we are on the Saturn 12 tariff, but have not received a reply.

Has anyone else had this problem with Zog?
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    We recently signed up to Zog for gas on the Saturn 12 tariff, as it did not have an exit fee and was about the same cost as the Mercury 12 tariff.

However, noticed that the Mercury 12 tariff has recently been reduced and now works out about £28 cheaper for us, so asked what we needed to do to switch to it.

Reply from Zog states there is a £30 exit fee to change from Saturn 12. Confused!

Have emailed back to Zog to ask why the exit fee, as we have paperwork from them that confirms we are on the Saturn 12 tariff, but have not received a reply.

Has anyone else had this problem with Zog?
    Probably a simple mistake, but let us know how you get on.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    They have come back and apologised for the mistake. No charge for switching from Saturn 12 to Mercury 12 tariff. Even offered to back date it a few days because of their error.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    zoeyelijah wrote: »
    Yet another rip off from firms making billions in profits and holding a virtual monopoly.
    What or which company does this comment relate too?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback