edited 20 September 2021 at 3:14PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Zog Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did you switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Moved to them last May.
    Smooth switch and kept well informed of progress - almost to the level of spamming ;)
    Billed every month - submit readings on last day of month on line and PDF bill e-mailed around 9th.
    Old fashioned - no real on line presence apart from entering meter reads - but efficient.
    Quick to respond to e-mail contact, no telephone contact.
    Will not internally transfer without penalty.
    Overall very happy and still the cheapest gas only for me.
  • Unlike the slow-motion car-crash that seems to be happening at Extra Energy, Zog have so far been a breath of fresh air.

Switched at the beginning of November, very smooth and plenty of information as molerat says. You can even pick your switch date. One thing that some may see as a negative is that they take your first payment as soon as you have switched, not after you have been with them for a month.

I too submit my reading (via a simple form on the website) on the last day of the month, and get an accurate and easy to understand statement for the month emailed to me a week or so later.

What more could you want?
  • shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Simplicity itself !

Been with them since August last and a dream to deal with . If only every energy company could be like this . However they are still a small fish and probably running on a handful of staff . Problems come later when you grow and loose the personal touch !
  • Just want to add to the positive feedback (so far) about Zog Energy.

Early days, but I took the plunge with them just over a week ago. Application form straightforward, a quick response to it, and the emails from them seem "personal" (remains to be seen if this continues if they are swamped with new customers!).

Two things :
    Zog do charge in advance, i.e they propose to take the first DD installment on my first day of supply;
    Also they do offer exactly what day you want to switch (within a three week window IIRC).

Will update this as and when!
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    changed to them on feb 26th from daligas who were great but zog came up £45 cheaper......so far so good
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    gardner1 wrote: »
    changed to them on feb 26th from daligas who were great but zog came up £45 cheaper......so far so good

That's probably because Zog have reduced their prices recently - actually quite a few price changes this year alone.

Daligas have now (this week) reduced their prices, so they remain competitive.

:)
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Does anyyone know of any cashback offerings when switching to Zog, please?
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    footyguy wrote: »
    Does anyyone know of any cashback offerings when switching to Zog, please?
    I haven't seen any direct, and I have looked through a lot of sites.

The only cashback deal I have seen is a £14.70 deal from Topcashback if you switch through confused as a new customer.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/confused-energy-dual-fuel/

I don't know much about how it works as I haven't used them before.

Presumably this would work when switching to Zog.
  • Just switched to Zog Energy from SSE and saved a considerable amount. I'm happy with their customer service so far. They have responded to my email enquiries very promptly (same day) and the response answered my question each time.

I also enquired whether there is a charge for customers with smart meters switching to Zog Energy and there isn't. Not sure whether this is for all areas or just the North East.

Based on first impressions, I would recommend them to others.

Let's see if they stand the test of time.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    lstar337 wrote: »
    I haven't seen any direct, and I have looked through a lot of sites.

The only cashback deal I have seen is a £14.70 deal from Topcashback if you switch through confused as a new customer.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/confused-energy-dual-fuel/

I don't know much about how it works as I haven't used them before.

Presumably this would work when switching to Zog.

Thanks for the effort, but that comparison service does not do switches to Zog Energy (so no cashback) :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback