Starting to get replies but unsure how to proceed

Hi everyone,
I recently started to check whether I'd ever held any PPI on the various loans, credit cards and store cards I've held over the years. In case it's relevant, I used Resolver for most providers but for the odd few I went through their website. As expected, most responses have said I'd not held PPI. However I've had a couple of responses from quite old accounts (late 1990s-mid 2000s) saying the accounts held PPI. These are an Egg credit card and a Dorothy Perkins store card.

Santander now own the DP card and to take things further, I need to provide them with my employment and salary details at the time of taking out the card/PPI. I'm assuming the Egg card will need the same information. However, I don't know the exact dates when I took out the accounts and due to that, I'm unsure which employment I was in at the time as I changed jobs a few times over those years. I don't have any of the paperwork, just the old cards (so I have the account numbers but no dates).

What's the best way to progress this without knowing the exact dates, please?

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You have to be honest and say if you don't know, nobody expects a perfect memory but crucially remember you are making the accusation of wrongdoing so you need to support it. If you claimed for example you had worked at firm X for 10 years and had 3 years sick cover and thus didn't need PPI then you should include this evidence. If your complaint reason was different then provide this supporting evidence.
  • ElleWoods
    ElleWoods Posts: 421
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    That makes sense, thank you. I've just dug out some dates for the Egg card so I know where I worked then but the DP card is more vague as I had that card for quite a few years. I didn't even know I'd ever had any PPI on anything - I honestly expected all of them to say I'd never had any!
  • safestored4
    safestored4 Posts: 464 Forumite
    Even if you had PPI you may well never had paid anything. In the case of credit cards this was only charged on outstanding balances and if you paid the card off in full every month nothing would ever have been paid.
  • ElleWoods
    ElleWoods Posts: 421
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 24 April 2018 at 1:23PM
    I don't think I've ever paid any card off in full in my life! So if there's been PPI added to an account there'll be something on there.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just put in your complaint based on your memory and see what they come back with
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure