Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Comments

• I switched to Flow in mid December via the Cheaper Energy Club... at least I requested a switch but I don't know how things are going.

Since then I have had no further information from Flow.... and no response to a followup email.

Ovo think that I am switching but nothing from Flow.. no welcome pack, email etc. Just radio silence. Ovo responded within 10 days. Flow it is now nearly a month and counting.

Very disappointed with the lack of communication.

Beginning to regret it really.
  • So I called Flow and the switch is indeed going through.

Their practice is to send an email (which seems to have been lost/and is being resent).

Then 2 days before the switch you get a welcome pack.

Maybe all is ok...
  • I completed my switch to Flow from Atlantic just last week, having set the ball rolling via MSE Cheap Energy Club over Christmas. All went well and no problems.

Longest delay was waiting for a refund of credits from the separate gas and electric Atlantic accounts. Atlantic (SSE) sit on the credits for 2 weeks after issuing closing bills before returning credits to customers' bank accounts. Every Little Helps SSE. ;)
    Never trust a financial institution.

Still studying at the University of Life.
  • Having just swapped to Flow Energy, I'm hoping that the planned sale of Flow Energy by their parent company won't have any adverse effect on current customers or the fixed deals that we are on.

See my other thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5603713
    Never trust a financial institution.

Still studying at the University of Life.
  • I had the misfortune to inherit from my late father an account with this company. It took 3 attempts to notify them of the death of the account holder, and I was asked to send the will to the utility company before they would change the account to my name. There was no will but had there been - I would not have sent an electricity supplier one! They did eventually grudgingly agree to change the account over - but the problems did not end there. The forms they sent me over email had corrupted and were unreadable, they took the direct debit from an incorrect bank account and then failed to set up my direct debit. I have now switched away from flow (but they have not yet set up the original direct debit). Still have the problem of paying the final bill without DD.
  • thedogsmum
    thedogsmum Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I am coming to the end of my 12 month commitment with Flow and I shan't be renewing. My issues with Flow weren't help by moving from Co-op Energy who, despite a finalised account from them, and me thinking I was done and dusted, after giving them final meter readings, proceeded to send me a "final' bill, some 6 months later. Both suppliers blamed the other.and I ended up paying it because I couldn't get a bill from Flow, without doing do. Flow gave me £40 for the trouble.......After 12 months, I still don't know how much I should be paying, which says it all, really.
    Two years' ago, I was with EDF, and didn't have a problem with them, but I joined the Energy Club, in the hope of saving money. Might have done that, but I have had two years of hassle.
  • ScoobyZ
    ScoobyZ Posts: 487 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I'm leaving them too. Just had a letter saying they will auto put me over to a new fixed " Flow Fixed May 2018" but there are no details on their website about it. Clicked a link in letter to say I am moving.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 April 2017 at 1:38PM
    thedogsmum wrote: »
    I am coming to the end of my 12 month commitment with Flow and I shan't be renewing. My issues with Flow weren't help by moving from Co-op Energy who, despite a finalised account from them, and me thinking I was done and dusted, after giving them final meter readings, proceeded to send me a "final' bill, some 6 months later. Both suppliers blamed the other.and I ended up paying it because I couldn't get a bill from Flow, without doing do. Flow gave me £40 for the trouble.......After 12 months, I still don't know how much I should be paying, which says it all, really.
    Two years' ago, I was with EDF, and didn't have a problem with them, but I joined the Energy Club, in the hope of saving money. Might have done that, but I have had two years of hassle.

So if I undertstand you correctly, you are leaving Flow Energy because when you switched to them a year ago, your supplier at that time, Co-Op, caused you so many problems...:cool:
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ScoobyZ wrote: »
    I'm leaving them too. Just had a letter saying they will auto put me over to a new fixed " Flow Fixed May 2018" but there are no details on their website about it. Clicked a link in letter to say I am moving.

Are you saying you clicked a link to accept a new fixed tariff from Flow ... before you checked the whole of market for the best deal available to you?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    ScoobyZ wrote: »

Under Ofgem Licence Conditions, no supplier is allowed to transfer a customer from one fixed tariff to another without the customer's prior approval.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure