Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• Ratison
    Ratison Posts: 263 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hello, I'd like to join please. I think I posted here around a year ago about not trying, but not actively preventing. Since then, I've had some really lengthy cycles, and also only saw my partner monthly so couldn't make a good go of it so to speak! My partner is now at home and has overcome his anxieties about (hopefully) having a baby so we're good to go - if my cycles are ok.

I had a few blood tests earlier this year and a scan on my ovaries due to my long cycles, but nothing came up. One (male) GP said that maybe one of my ovaries doesn't work, as if that's no big thing!!! My last 3 cycles have been *consults Glow* 28, 31 and 28 days. I've not done any ovulation tests because with sometimes longer cycles it seems so pointless - maybe others can say if they find them helpful as I'm not sure?

So here's to cycle day 3, and a resolve to start temping and taking vitamins. Wishing us all the best of luck.
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Welcome Ratison - hope your stay is short!

Just de-lurking to say i had crazy long cycles (42, 38, 43 sort of length) and I actually found it meant I needed ov tests (OPKs) more. I used cheapie ones from Amazon where it's something like 50 for £4 and I just started testing around my sort of average point - which for me was about day 18. This meant sometimes I tested for like 10 days+ and other times only 3 or 4, but it meant I knew I was definitely catching ov, otherwise I could have missed it entirely. Temping does check you ovulate, but is much more of a tricky science so I did that for 3 months to check I was ovulating, then stopped as it was too temperamental.

28,31,28 is pretty good though, so fingers crossed yours are regulating out :)
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2016 at 10:23AM
    Welcome munchkin. Hope you're not here long. :wave:

Congrats on your wedding and welcome to snowscreamer. Hope your stay is short too :)

Newthrift, hope you had a great holiday. FF now has me at 5dpo today. Hoorah, at least I know that I ovulated and where I am now in my cycle. Timing wasn't great this month, but it won't stop me hoping, lol. My due date would be my birthday :rotfl:

Lottie, wishing you well. It took me 18 months for my 1st so I know how hard it can be every month that passes but also believing that it has actually happened. Wish you well

Firebird. Congrats! To a happy, healthy 9 months. :D

Slinky. Lol, sometimes it's not that romantic but just a matter of getting the job done. I've been there too :rotfl:

Welcome ratison, I have erratic cycles too, think my biggest was 80/90 days. OV sticks will help predict OV, and temping will confirm that you have ovulated. hope you're not with us long :wave:
    TTC #3..........
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD?? twigpig - 5DPO :cool:
    CD26 newthrift - 4DPO :cool:
    CD27 snowscreamer - 11DPO :cool:
    CD29 ButterflyBabe - 13DPO :cool:
    CD28 LittleMissGiggle - 13DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD14 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD17 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD17 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD18 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD35 kira000 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD59 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD6 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD136 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Firebird082 08/10/16
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • newthrift
    Ratison welcome, I hope your stay is short and sweet :) I have reasonably regular cycles but long - usually 36, longest 40 so it doesn't sound too bad :) I used OPKS last month which helped as I thought I was OV'ing about 2days earlier than what I was. I used clear blue digi but you can use cheapies and then back up with a more expensive one.
    If you would like adding to the daily list let me know.

Feeling alright, had plenty of sleep last night. CM seems a bit all over but then again we have been doing a lot of BD'ing so it's hard to tell TMI :rotfl:
  • newthrift
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD?? twigpig - 6DPO :cool:
    CD27 newthrift - 5DPO :cool:
    CD28 snowscreamer - 12DPO :cool:
    CD30 ButterflyBabe - 14DPO :cool:
    CD29 LittleMissGiggle - 14DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD15 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD18 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD18 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD19 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD36 kira000 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD60 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD7 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD137 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Firebird082 08/10/16
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
  • ButterflyBabe, LittleMissGiggle, how are you getting on? You must be getting close to AF due date...
    Ovia has my AF due date as this Sunday - keeping my fingers crossed she doesn't arrive and starting to be on major tenterhooks!
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • CD1 for me today :( I thought I had a good chance this month as AF was due 2 days ago, I tested last night as OH was going away with work for a few days and got a BFN (obviously AF had a surprise in store for me this morning)

Each month I tell myself not to get my hopes up but it's hard not to especially when mother natures thinks she's being funny by arriving late. :mad::mad:

Oh well, at least I can get the wine out tonight!!
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Hugs butterfly......
    TTC #3..........
  • Sorry AF got you Butterfly. It's so disappointing when you're feeling positive and you're certain she's not gonna show.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback