Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Comments

• Loo44
    Loo44 Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I cancelled my vm contract, 2 days later retention team called to try to keep me. Was offered new v6, fh tv, 100 bb, TiVo upstairs, anytime calls and sky sports for 12 months £54 (was paying £80 before). I accepted. Engineer came and updated and fitted equipment last Saturday. Today we discover we have no sky sports. On calling the really obnoxious, rude and unhelpful customer services team, I was told there was no deal on my account for sky sports. I am liar then! Ryan wouldn!!!8217;t let me speak to supervisor or escalate my claim. I still have 5 days of my 14 day cooling off period left. Ryan told me I could give my notice, but account would revert to £80 old payment. I!!!8217;m fuming. How do I escalate this please? All I can find so far is the retention!!!8217;s team who were rubbish.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Loo44 wrote: »
    I cancelled my vm contract, 2 days later retention team called to try to keep me. Was offered new v6, fh tv, 100 bb, TiVo upstairs, anytime calls and sky sports for 12 months £54 (was paying £80 before). I accepted. Engineer came and updated and fitted equipment last Saturday. Today we discover we have no sky sports. On calling the really obnoxious, rude and unhelpful customer services team, I was told there was no deal on my account for sky sports. I am liar then! Ryan wouldn!!!8217;t let me speak to supervisor or escalate my claim. I still have 5 days of my 14 day cooling off period left. Ryan told me I could give my notice, but account would revert to £80 old payment. I!!!8217;m fuming. How do I escalate this please? All I can find so far is the retention!!!8217;s team who were rubbish.

Make a formal complaint and request the call is listened to if they dispute it (though they may try and say they haven’t got a recording).
  • Loo44
    Loo44 Posts: 93 Forumite
    tg99 wrote: »
    Make a formal complaint and request the call is listened to if they dispute it (though they may try and say they haven’t got a recording).
    Thank you. I assume that!!!8217;s going via the 150 retentions number?
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Thank you. I assume that!!!8217;s going via the 150 retentions number?

See here:

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practice.pdf
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

If you prefer to complain online the Resolver service may be worth using - https://www.resolver.co.uk. I hope you get it sorted.
  • riptide12
    riptide12 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I had a situation a few years ago where the sales person promised a certain price for a new deal, but when it came through on my bill it was way more expensive. When I complained they said they couldn't listen to the recording, but I pushed it and they eventually said they'd match the price they promised. They never admitted they'd listened to the call, but there's no way they'd have honoured the original if they didn't think it could be proved. So keep pushing them to investigate, speak to a manager if you can.
  • planetf1
    planetf1 Posts: 361 Forumite
    About 2 weeks ago having been on my first (new street install) contract with full house tv+200 Mbs gamer I phoned to negotiate and got offered
    * VIP (adds phone line, BB to 350 another box, and sports/mobies all in HD) - £85.??
    * 350 BB only - £38

I took the latter and am sticking with sky for the former (though more pricey) mostly due to more devices on skygo and more confidence any changes with f1 package as sky own.. I don't care for other sports/movies. I'm intrigued to try skyq in future.

That being said I'm having second thoughts on whether to go with the tv too. 14 day cooling off period ends later this week
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • getchin
    getchin Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just in the process of doing this song and dance; we're a very high usage household with gamers, streamers etc so I'm not too confident after reading about them not offering discounts to high usage customers.

Will update this as it goes on.

14/05
    Call to cancel: put through to extremely rude foreign VM rep who could only offer £1pm off our bill
    Cancellation processed.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    getchin wrote: »
    Just in the process of doing this song and dance; we're a very high usage household with gamers, streamers etc so I'm not too confident after reading about them not offering discounts to high usage customers.

Will update this as it goes on.

14/05
    Call to cancel: put through to extremely rude foreign VM rep who could only offer £1pm off our bill
    Cancellation processed.

I have 5 or 6 days left, no callback, very high usage.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    cjdavies wrote: »
    I have 5 or 6 days left, no callback, very high usage.
    Youve got days left! They called us the day before to offer a rebate.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback