IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CEL Parking charge notice

Options
Evening all,
firstly i must apologise if i have not posted this correctly (completely new to forum!)
I am desperately seeking HELP with recent PCN.
I have received a "Letter of notification regarding keeper liability" from Civil Enforcement Ltd. The letter states that "it has been over 30 days since the above PCN has been issued to you and the debt remains unpaid" now (£100). The letter is dated 42 days after alleged parking infringement. My issue is that i have never received the initial "Notice to Keeper" or PCN stating the parking infringement details, requesting driver details etc and with the reduced rate of fine if paid in 14 days.
In light of the fact that I have never received the initial PCN, do I have grounds for appeal and if so how best to go about it? Any advice much appreciated.
Yours Hopefully

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Send the usual appeal from the NEWBIES thread, by email, same as all CEL PCNs.

As you do not have the actual PCN letter, search Google Images for Civil Enforcement PCN to find the email address on the back of a recent one.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kernowkid007
    Options
    Hi Coupon-mad,
    thank you for your quick response. I've just searched through hundreds of PCN images with no success on finding an e-mail address. Is CEL own website appeal not recommended?
    many thanks
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    If you cannot find an email address write to them

http://www.ce-service.co.uk/contact-us.html, get a free certificate of posting.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 April 2018 at 1:25AM
    Options
    Hi Coupon-mad,
    thank you for your quick response. I've just searched through hundreds of PCN images with no success on finding an e-mail address. Is CEL own website appeal not recommended?
    many thanks

Its on the back of any CEL Notice to Keeper, how come it's not findable?

So I just Googled 'appeal CEL PCN online' and found this portal:

https://www.ce-service.co.uk/faq.html
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kernowkid007
    Options
    Would just like to say a big thank you for your help. This PCN has now been cancelled thanks to your advice. Very relieved to not be paying this outrageous charge!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure