Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    might give the asti a try tonight, as its kay with some limes in it in the summer (and its really cheap :D ) is this the correct one please?

martini_asti_750ml_1.jpg
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    Good afternoon hope everyone is well
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 March 2018 at 7:01PM
    I'd get your wine shops done as you have - in M it looks like the Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc has gone back to £7. I am expecting that to go up in price on the APG possibly sometime tomorrow, probably sometime on Wednesday. I'm also finding stock of some of the important wines in M to be low - it's possible some may lose their M prices altogether: one of the Wolf Blass wines is already N/A. I've still got the Torres Vina Sol - I'm having no problems with that - but the other Wolf Blass wine, the one that is currently comparing, Chardonnay Semillion, could well go N/A on Wednesday (or as soon as tomorrow) if there is no trace in the collection stores or could only last another 7 days if a SEL is still there but the product OOS in their store or only another 2 days if the SELs have been removed due to the OOS and no trace in the stores is found this Wednesday. It seems that, due to the offer prices against which we are comparing, they look good enough even though they obviously are not for people who don't use this thread to buy at the wrong store (namely M):(. I have three stores OOS of Chardonnay Semillion and only one store in stock. The Wolf Blass that is currently N/A may not come back either - it looks like it is absent from several Ms now.

I'm also OOS of Freixenet in several Ms with dodgy SELs remaining and possibly incorrect full price in one place - it probably is still £9 in M, where it is available, but I haven't confirmed the actual price as I don't know what is going to happen on the APG in any event. It should continue to work, but it might not and it could lose its M price again on the next update - it should be vs W at £9 and I'd initially target W once the M update is expected to have started until we see whether vs M is continuing or not. Martini Asti looks to continue good - as long as nothing upsets the £6 SELs in the collection stores.

Elsewhere the Portion Cucumber looks last chance, right now, at 35p vs 22p M. It seems it could be making up for the 22p offer price of the last two weeks by now being 28p in M - I don't think I've seen a price on M Portion Cucumber as high as this before.

I think Gordon's Gin (1L) has gone back up to £18 in M - I was getting a range of prices last week but the actual SELs were £15. Now all my SELs are £18 and online has £18. It should currently be comparing against M at £15 but I expect the next APG update to change it to £18.

I was expecting the Extra Tasty Chicken to have ended in M by today - however it seems it has not and, indeed, there may be two further chickens available for comparison against £3.75 soon. However, the additional two will not be for now and will need to await the update to find out whether or not they will work.
  • Savvybuyer wrote: »
    I'd get your wine shops done as you have - in M it looks like the Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc has gone back to £7. I am expecting that to go up in price on the APG possibly sometime tomorrow, probably sometime on Wednesday. I'm also finding stock of some of the important wines in M to be low - it's possible some may lose their M prices altogether: one of the Wolf Blass wines is already N/A. I've still got the Torres Vina Sol - I'm having no problems with that - but the other Wolf Blass wine, the one that is currently comparing, Chardonnay Semillion, could well go N/A on Wednesday (or as soon as tomorrow) if there is no trace in the collection stores or could only last another 7 days if a SEL is still there but the product OOS in their store or only another 2 days if the SELs have been removed due to the OOS and no trace in the stores is found this Wednesday. It seems that, due to the offer prices against which we are comparing, they look good enough even though they obviously are not for people who don't use this thread to buy at the wrong store (namely M):(. I have three stores OOS of Chardonnay Semillion and only one store in stock. The Wolf Blass that is currently N/A may not come back either - it looks like it is absent from several Ms now.

There isn't currently a WB at N/A

WB Red is comparing at 2F£10
    WB White is comparing at £7pb, not 2F£10 and has been like that for a few days.

VM is still comparing at £6 as of 1545
    Tatt is still comparing at £27 as of 1430
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    All well thanks Perky, hope you are doing good too!!
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Saversue wrote: »
    Good Afternoon
    Does anyone know the best programme, or method of producing passport size photo's to download.
    I am filling in application for new BB and need up-to-date picture.
    Have tried a few programmes I googled and sent one in, but it's a set of 4 and don't know if it will be accepted.
    Just taken me 3 hours to work out how to download pictures from phone and try to produce one the right size.

Evening luvlies

Sorry don't know best way re photos as had ours done in a T booth several years ago. Like the sound of uploading via an iPad though.

Was behind someone in the queue at the PO this afternoon, asking for a passport application form and she was told the adult price is going up by £12.50 on 26th of this month if applying by post :eek:
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    silvercar wrote: »
    I don't understand why they have disconnected you 3 days early. :mad: Phone up and find out as it makes no sense.

If you are paying for service to the 15th then that is what you should get.

With hindsight I think the CS messed up their dates as I cancelled a month ago and didn’t note the date :o. I changed the install date to 15th after they said that date, so I didn’t mis-hear.

Anon
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all , off to catch up :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    All well thanks Perky, hope you are doing good too!![/QUO

Am good thank you just wished I drank so I could participate in the

Martini etc etc
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anon wrote: »
    With hindsight I think the CS messed up their dates as I cancelled a month ago and didn’t note the date :o. I changed the install date to 15th after they said that date, so I didn’t mis-hear.

Anon

VM are a nightmare with dates, when we were renting the bungalow while the work was being done on our house they ceased our services 4 weeks early and DH was working from home :eek: so a blinkin nightmare. Hope you get sorted soon
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport