PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    PS has anyone seen PN or MTSTM?

Yes...I had "gone into hiding" a bit re posting here. I was feeling a bit "p**d off" about recent events and not sure whether to post on here again or no.

ITRW I'm sorta tieing up the last "odds and ends" of things re stuff to do with my house. I want it all "under control/sorted" to feel free to "spread my wings a bit" and/or deal with owt that comes up (always sorta wondering if I'll have to have a "home visit" back to the West Country - courtesy of elderly ill parents).

Either way - it's best to have things "sorted/up-to-date" obviously.

Food-wise - it's been a bit cba territory for a few days now - so nowt really to report. No new experiments...I'll get back to it. My excuse for today is "Had summat left over from yesterday - so one of those singles repeats". My excuse for tomorrow is "Going elsewhere seeing if I can find stuff I want for the garden - and, while I'm there, I've got my eye on having a meal out at a place I know there".

Thinking of recent comments on here re films - and I do like to go and see a film that I think is worth seeing sometimes. I've got a personal preference for not seeing ones that I find a bit "lightweight and fluffy". So favourite film of all time was probably the Erin Brockovich one and have recently seen "The Post".:rotfl:That's me - I quite like films where I'm cheering on the main character ...:rotfl:
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,221 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Last film I saw at the cinema was Superman, I took the kids along. Now I just watch them on TV, but recently got Netflix. Plenty of rubbish on there also. These days I find I often get bored or lose the plot and CBA to even try to follow them

Out mooching, quick meal plan change in 4sda, YS whole trout, make a pleasant change. It is in a cook in bag so nice and easy. The LO stew is now in the freezer

Breakfast pot of tea, HM yoghurt + honey
    Lunch YS mini pizza, added extra cheese & a wrinkly tom. Then 2 crackers

Dinner is the YS trout, with "baby" boiled spuds and I think a side salad. My first harvest this year will be some mint for the spuds, it is just getting going now

Lugged my compost round from the garage, just fits nicely into my shopping trolley, 20 litre bag. Sun's just peeking out, could even pot on my dahlias this afternoon
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,221 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    That's me - I quite like films where I'm cheering on the main character ...:rotfl:

Same here, but mine often happens to be Clint Eastwood. Farway spits baccy juice out onto mangy dog:rotfl:
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    :rotfl:Guess it's a woman thing:o - I like main characters I can relate to.

Erin Brockovich = you go gal....sock it to 'em for them thinking you weren't capable of whatever and you learnt it/used it (real life basis)

The Post = you go gal...all the men sidelining her - but she knew Right when she saw it and had the guts to take huge personal risks (real life basis). I came out of that thinking - "Now and about this guy that leaked these Papers - I wonder if he had a very 'convenient', totally 'accidental' (yeah right) car accident that killed him". No they didn't murder him - but they did their best to discredit him by the sound of it (didnt work by the sound of it...:T).
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes...I had "gone into hiding" a bit re posting here. I was feeling a bit "p**d off" about recent events and not sure whether to post on here again or no

Like you Money, I’ve been totally sickened by the goings-on of the past few days and although the posts have been deleted (I won’t share what I think about that :easter:) I can’t delete them from my memory.

We all deal with bullying, rudeness, ignorance, one-upmanship and envy in one form or another in RL and frankly I don’t need or want to witness or read about it in this format.

Sorry Caronc but I’m returning to “lurkdom”
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes...I had "gone into hiding" a bit re posting here. I was feeling a bit "p**d off" about recent events and not sure whether to post on here again or no.

ITRW I'm sorta tieing up the last "odds and ends" of things re stuff to do with my house. I want it all "under control/sorted" to feel free to "spread my wings a bit" and/or deal with owt that comes up (always sorta wondering if I'll have to have a "home visit" back to the West Country - courtesy of elderly ill parents).

Either way - it's best to have things "sorted/up-to-date" obviously.

Food-wise - it's been a bit cba territory for a few days now - so nowt really to report. No new experiments...I'll get back to it. My excuse for today is "Had summat left over from yesterday - so one of those singles repeats". My excuse for tomorrow is "Going elsewhere seeing if I can find stuff I want for the garden - and, while I'm there, I've got my eye on having a meal out at a place I know there".

Thinking of recent comments on here re films - and I do like to go and see a film that I think is worth seeing sometimes. I've got a personal preference for not seeing ones that I find a bit "lightweight and fluffy". So favourite film of all time was probably the Erin Brockovich one and have recently seen "The Post".:rotfl:That's me - I quite like films where I'm cheering on the main character ...:rotfl:
    Good to see you back :)
    Farway wrote: »
    My first harvest this year will be some mint for the spuds, it is just getting going now
    I think my mint might be dead, no sign of life in it yet :(. Did you manage to rescue your onion?
    Like you Money, I’ve been totally sickened by the goings-on of the past few days and although the posts have been deleted (I won’t share what I think about that :easter:) I can’t delete them from my memory.

We all deal with bullying, rudeness, ignorance, one-upmanship and envy in one form or another in RL and frankly I don’t need or want to witness or read about it in this format.

Sorry Caronc but I’m returning to “lurkdom”
    I'm sorry you are going, I always feel when that happens that the bullies have won:(

I'm not sure I have a favourite film type, just depends on my mood at the time as much as anything. I do have certain actors I like regardless of the type of film. I much prefer books to films though:)

I'm just grabbing a quick cuppa before heading to the Drs for my test results. I'm not expecting any surprises so fingers crossed.
    LOs from the weekend have all (apart from the chicken carcass and some onions) have all been frozen or scoffed:D. I actually have some space (not much) in my freezers, suspect that will change over the Easter period when I have a houseful again....
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A banana for breakfast, olive bread and cheddar for lunch and leftover lamb with risotto rice, sweet chilli sauce spring onions etc for dinner.

For the past 12 months have been badgering a joiner re a big arched gate he is supposed to be making and he has just told me it should be ready this week. I should be chuffed except I just paid the car insurance and next it will be water rates, council tax, buildings insurance... :eek: Recipe for gruel anyone?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Its a pity that bullies ever thought to try and ruin a thread which has become a refuge for so many. At first glance the thread is about food but really it is about surviving as a single in a world that quite honestly cares for no-one but itself

I had a quick nap this afternoon and it turned into one of those very deep sleep events, I woke up with my eyes shut and was so cosy, I just didn`t want to get off my tilting chair. I know I will have to stay up this evening, to make up for it.

Food is simple and I am frying a slice of turkey breast, with a lid on the pan and ratatouille is heating
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »

For the past 12 months have been badgering a joiner re a big arched gate he is supposed to be making and he has just told me it should be ready this week. I should be chuffed except I just paid the car insurance and next it will be water rates, council tax, buildings insurance... :eek: Recipe for gruel anyone?
    But it will be worth it:D (and just in case http://www.medievalplus.com/food-cooking/recipes-gruel.html :rotfl::rotfl:)
    kittie wrote: »
    At first glance the thread is about food but really it is about surviving as a single in a world that quite honestly cares for no-one but itself
    Isn't it just!

I've been to the Drs but didn't actually see anyone. As I arrived I could see my GP leaving, she had been called out on an emergency. Given the option of waiting or coming back tomorrow I opted not to wait, the best solution all round I think;)
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yesterdays cinema trip was unusual for me. I can't recall what I saw last... I perhaps only go 2 or 3 times a year. I'm more likely to go and see those 'National Theatre Live' screenings of plays and musicals. They are a little more expensive, but more of an "event". And it sounds awful, but also a higher class of clientele. Generally less of the "popcorn crunching, fizz slurper, kick your chair" crowd. There are also very rarely any under 18s. Mostly I'm guessing because of the content, and they are usually school-nights, and don't even start until 7:30/8pm.

Tea tonight is a frozen chicken kiev, a jacket potato and some fried mushrooms. Not posh, but fills a hole!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills