Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Comments

• Pandy048
    Pandy048 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 25 October 2018 at 10:11AM

I wish I’d read these comments before we signed up with this firm for boiler breakdown and service. Apparently We can’t just stop paying the monthly payments we would have to pay £144 to cancel as we have had our boiler serviced! What a con. We rang for a service as our boiler which is a Worcester Bosch and 5 years old was needing to be topped up frequently. Meanwhile last week it stopped working altogether. The ‘engineer’ came to look, poured boiling water on the pipes, kicked them breaking a bracket. He then told us a load of lies and supposedly ordered some parts to be fitted when the service is carried out next week. Next day we had @ phon3 call telling us it was a very big job that would take ‘many man hours’ and we would have to pay £320 to have the W.B engineer to come out. We were told the boiler would have to come off the wall to repair it that was why it was that price in fact the true price was £550! We were told it was a design fault with this model! A few days later the WB engineer came replaced a valve (less than £20) recharged the expansion vessel and re set the combustion. It took less than an hour. We were told by 247 we are not due a refund, the cost to repair was more than 60% of the value of a replacement boiler. We also had a phone call to book us in for a service next week and they tried to sell us £85 worth of inhibitor. If this isn’t done w3 won’t be covered for call out repairs! I said I want to cancel I was told I can’t without paying £144 as I had already had a service!!! {Text removed by MSE Forum Team}
    We intend to do everything we can to get a refund.
  • 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    Pandy048 wrote: »

I wish I’d read these comments before we signed up with this firm for boiler breakdown and service. Apparently We can’t just stop paying the monthly payments we would have to pay £144 to cancel as we have had our boiler serviced! What a con. We rang for a service as our boiler which is a Worcester Bosch and 5 years old was needing to be topped up frequently. Meanwhile last week it stopped working altogether. The ‘engineer’ came to look, poured boiling water on the pipes, kicked them breaking a bracket. He then told us a load of lies and supposedly ordered some parts to be fitted when the service is carried out next week. Next day we had @ phon3 call telling us it was a very big job that would take ‘many man hours’ and we would have to pay £320 to have the W.B engineer to come out. We were told the boiler would have to come off the wall to repair it that was why it was that price in fact the true price was £550! We were told it was a design fault with this model! A few days later the WB engineer came replaced a valve (less than £20) recharged the expansion vessel and re set the combustion. It took less than an hour. We were told by 247 we are not due a refund, the cost to repair was more than 60% of the value of a replacement boiler. We also had a phone call to book us in for a service next week and they tried to sell us £85 worth of inhibitor. If this isn’t done w3 won’t be covered for call out repairs! I said I want to cancel I was told I can’t without paying £144 as I had already had a service!!! AVOID THIS FIRM LIKE THE PLAGUE. I hope Rogue traders take up the story
    We intend to do everything we can to get a refund.

Hi

We offer an inhibitor at a discounted price when being fit at the same time as a boiler service or a call out for a repair. This price is £40 not £85 and is just a recommendation not a necessity. If you chose not to go ahead with the inhibitor you are still covered.

Could you please let me know your reference number and then i can have a look at your account to see the reason the manufacturer repair was advised.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • mikep72
    mikep72 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yep. Still no one has been in touch after 2 weeks now and countless posts on here.
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 September 2018 at 2:00PM
    mikep72 wrote: »
    Yep. Still no one has been in touch after 2 weeks now and countless posts on here.

Mike.............I think that's just what they do, {text removed by MSE Forum Team}
  • BJROSS
    BJROSS Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 7 September 2018 at 2:02PM
    {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} Story too long to go into but here is the shortened version, didn't turn up to carry out an annual service; when boiler broke down 2 weeks later they said it was beyond economical repair after an engineer was here for 5 minutes; they haven't returned phone calls; haven't responded to emails. I cancelled the policy and they had a cheek to reissue a mandate to my bank to reinstate the direct debit! My bank has refunded me. {Text removed by MSE Forum Team}
  • mikep72
    Has anyone actually had their Boiler breakdown repaired without having to pay extra? They have also bumped my monthly payment up to £24 without informing me.
  • 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    BJROSS wrote: »
    I have been totally scammed by this company. Story too long to go into but here is the shortened version, didn't turn up to carry out an annual service; when boiler broke down 2 weeks later they said it was beyond economical repair after an engineer was here for 5 minutes; they haven't returned phone calls; haven't responded to emails. I cancelled the policy and they had a cheek to reissue a mandate to my bank to reinstate the direct debit! My bank has refunded me. Stay well away from them!

Hi BJROSS

Could you email me at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk with your reference number so that i can look into this for you.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • mikep72
    edited 14 March 2018 at 9:43PM
    Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I ask that you e-mail me at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk and we can get this looked into for you.

Regards 24|7 Home Rescue

Yes thanks for the short e-mail reply i got yesterday fobbing me off! Waited 2 weeks for that! These are my complaints. Please feel free to explain these little things without fobbing me off!

1. Failing to rectify the original problem in Feb 2017.
    2. Trying to write my boiler off as irreparable.
    3. Trying to charge for parts that were not needed.
    4. Charging excess twice for the same problem.
    5. Failing to service my boiler since joining in December 2016 as in T&Cs.
    6. Raising my DD payment to £24 and not informing me.
    7. Going 9 days without heating, missing work and house viewings.
    8. Taking 2 weeks to reply to me about my complaint.
    9. Wanting to charge for a cancellation fee because i called an engineer out. (but he didn't fix the problem)

I really want to leave this disgusting service but can't afford the fee.:mad:
    My original review is below.
  • mikep72
    ]I had no heating for 9 days, called 24/7 Home Rescue out with a £75 excess ( no problem). Took 30 hours for someone to come out and tell me my boiler was broken. He then decided it could be one of 3 problems and then decided for the actuator valve. At one point he said i would need a new boiler.
    After he decided to look at his watch numerous times and use my toilet he left after
    10 minutes. I received a call off 24/7 home serve the next day demanding £110 , even though I pay £24 a month. ( stating look at the small print) intermittent fault etc.. even though I called 24/7 Home Rescue out last year with the same problem and nothing was done.

Eventually the engineer came out and after looking at his watch and using my toilet again fitted the actuator valve but surprise surprise that wasn't the fault! He now told me I needed
    a new pump!
    I rang 24/ home rescue the next day and was told I would have to pay £190 for the job to be rectified and despite my claims of the engineer was Frank Spencer I was not listened too..
    Today I went on to you tube and watched a video on how to rectify a stuck pump in under 2 mins. I now have a full working central heating system and my plumbing skills are zero.
    I don't appriecate being without heating for 9
    days, losing 2 days off work, being lied too,
    being ignored, losing 2 house viewings.
    After reading trustpilot reviews it looks like they will lose a lot of customers.
    I tried to cancel the policy over the phone but they wanted a cancellation fee because i called an engineer out . Yes the customer service and the initial set up is good but when you need help it's 'look at the small print". And they may come and service your boiler but they certainly won't fix it ! They didn't service mine btw[/QUOTE]
  • Rickbt
    Rickbt Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 25 October 2018 at 9:57AM
    {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} Again, it is a long story but to cut it short, I had a simple igniter fault with a code on boiler to say so.
    1). 3 engineers visited and said different things
    2). 247 charged me £75 (refundable!!!) for the last callout (never refunded)
    3). Boiler apparently beyond ecomic repair as would take 4 hrs labour to change a gas valve (which was not faulty)
    4). Charged £175 to get a BAXI engineer as was told that was my only choice
    5). BAXI engineer changed igniter (£25 spare part) in 30 mins and boiler now fine
    6). 247 changed my policy from £16 to £26 pm without informing me
    7). 247 now charging me £144 to cancel policy
    8). Customer service rude and patronising
    9). Sending a complaint generates a standard reply

In general, I am paying over £300 a year for the policy and still had to pay £175 to get an igniter changed. Their website quotes unlimited call outs and spare parts but don!!!8217;t even cover a £25 spare part. {Text removed by MSE Forum Team}
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback