Gulf Air - eDreams.co.uk | Flights refund

Comments

• PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    The airline will make ~£60 on that ticket, the rest goes to the UK Government as taxes (e.g. APD).
    That isn't true.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ncmscnc wrote: »
    It’s a cheaper flight ticket alongside a flexible one. I do not have choice but to book cheaper flights as the “artificial flexibility” element is 420% more. This is a normal behaviour. Why is this considered as something I have to put up with?

Of course you had a choice, nobody forced you to book the flight in the first place! It's not a human right to be able to holiday in India.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You could have also booked via Lastminute.com who for about 15% extra on their price, offer a 90% credit (useable against future Lastminute.com bookings only) if for any reason you cant/dont want to fly.

Although it should be noted that Lastminute is part of the Bravofly group which is probably the second-most complained about 3rd party group (after eDreams/Opodo).
  • ncmscnc
    ncmscnc Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thank YOU!
    Interesting take on employer side of things. I didn't even think of this! I am overlooking everything! What a mess.
    I was just fuming inside meself and have been feeling helpless, understandably. :o
    Monday morning, will be taking this with my employer for stressing me out for opportunistic reasons! Come to think of it, the reasons for this need for restriction from my employer is entirely in favour of them and they probably didn't even think through the fact that I might have a social life behind that desk. :(
    So this is happening now. I have to be as diplomatic as one can be. Will update soon! :)
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Thank YOU!
    Interesting take on employer side of things. I didn't even think of this! I am overlooking everything! What a mess.
    I was just fuming inside meself and have been feeling helpless, understandably. :o
    Monday morning, will be taking this with my employer for stressing me out for opportunistic reasons! Come to think of it, the reasons for this need for restriction from my employer is entirely in favour of them and they probably didn't even think through the fact that I might have a social life behind that desk. :(
    So this is happening now. I have to be as diplomatic as one can be. Will update soon! :)
    Wasn't your employer aware that you had leave booked?

Why didn't you say something at the time about the fact you'd got a flight to India booked when they said you couldn't have the time off?
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank YOU!

You should also note that travel insurance does often cover the situation when the situation at work means that it is impossible to take your holiday.
  • Heliflyguy
    Heliflyguy Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am very surprised that the ticket cannot have the dates changed or be cancelled with a fee.

All the lowest fares I can see including Net and Inclusive tour can have dates changed @ approx £100 and seem to have a £200 cancellation fee before departure and thats on a £35.00 fare

Is that no changes/cancellation rule down to eDreams T and C's?
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Heliflyguy wrote: »
    I am very surprised that the ticket cannot have the dates changed or be cancelled with a fee.

All the lowest fares I can see including Net and Inclusive tour can have dates changed @ approx £100 and seem to have a £200 cancellation fee before departure and thats on a £35.00 fare

Is that no changes/cancellation rule down to eDreams T and C's?

Is this a serious question??
  • Heliflyguy
    Heliflyguy Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    EveryWhere wrote: »
    Is this a serious question??

More of a confirmation from the OP, do you have a problem with people asking questions again?
  • ncmscnc
    ncmscnc Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It indeed looks like part of their sales.
    The travel document I have received from itinerary@amadeus.com says the following.
    LOW COST FARE
    CANNOT BE CHANGED OR CANCELLED

amadeus.com has the following in their About Us section. Probably some kind of Customer Management services eDreams.co.uk is using. Looks like I have truly fallen into their T&C trap.
    Amadeus provides the technology which keeps the travel sector moving - from initial search to making a booking, from pricing to ticketing, from managing reservations to managing check-in and departure processes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure