Did anyone bag a Mini SNES before they sold out?

Comments

• Billy101
    Billy101 Posts: 48 Forumite
    They probably got it free and gifted my son :D
  • RichL74
    RichL74 Posts: 938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Billy101 wrote: »
    My kid got this as a gift on his birthday by his aunt :P I do play it sometimes though

Amazing, please can I have a go in your time machine?

Seeing as its not out yet...
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Is that only because you have ordered two ? :-)

you caught me :)

if I get one from argos or tesco I will probably cancel my game uk order tho so stays at 2.
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Only just realised this console might be ideal for someone I know who is autistic and loves games. But this is going to be *really* hard to get hold of on release day isn't it.... :(
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    mac.d wrote: »
    Only just realised this console might be ideal for someone I know who is autistic and loves games. But this is going to be *really* hard to get hold of on release day isn't it.... :(

I'm not sure why it would be better than the wealth of other gaming options out there? I loved the SNES back in the day but the hype for this console and the NES Mini has got completely out of hand, even for Nintendo fans there's frustratingly few games.
  • Crazy_Jamie
    Crazy_Jamie Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    What makes you think that this is particularly suited compared to other similar options?
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    More simplistic gameplay, no discs/cartdiges to load and a simpler controller are the reasons why I think it *might* be better than other consoles.
  • Hackers76
    Hackers76 Posts: 29 Forumite
    I managed to pre order one at Toys R Us but since then I have had my credit card replaced due to a fraud attempt. I contacted them to ask how I go about changing my payment card and they said it cannot be done. I may get a call when the payment fails but they cannot guarantee it.

Pretty disappointed by the quality of their customer service ��
  • marywooyeah
    marywooyeah Posts: 2,656 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've got one pre ordered. I managed to get a nes mini when they came out by pre ordering too. Seems to be the only way to get them in my experience.
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    More simplistic gameplay, no discs/cartdiges to load and a simpler controller are the reasons why I think it *might* be better than other consoles.

I wouldn't necessarily say those are attributes desirable to autistic children although the spectrum is wide and I wouldn't say the gameplay on many of the games is that simple either, just because the graphics are simple doesn't mean the gameplay is and in the 16-bit era many games were far more challenging to stretch out the limited resources.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure