Student loans and pensions

Comments

• Has anyone had any luck with vivus? Or the company they sold their accounts to?
  • Quick question, I've had my first response from wizzcash declining the complaint, any advice on how to approach this when escalating to FOS, luckily on final response letter some of the information they stated wasn't correct
  • I accepted an offer last week from QuickQuid. I rang up to give them my bank details and was told the refund would be processed straight away. Nothing! All that happened was they set up a Direct Debit Instruction to take money from my bank. Is this allowed without my permission?
    Cheers
  • Such a wonderful thread! I have read every post with interest....I am up to page 76 now which is about this time last year.

Has much changed since then or should I whack in my claims tomorrow? They aren't massive, 11 wonga loans totalling £1815 (£284 interest) and 2 with QQ. this one pushed me over the edge into a DMP

I would just like to get them off my credit history.(also have been paying a off a credit card with aqua for months so anything from this would wipe that out.)
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I accepted an offer last week from QuickQuid. I rang up to give them my bank details and was told the refund would be processed straight away. Nothing! All that happened was they set up a Direct Debit Instruction to take money from my bank. Is this allowed without my permission?
    Cheers

No, it isnt, cancel the DD instruction straight away.

Write and complain, threaten them with the FOS.

Probably crossed wires somewhere.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sacha28
    sacha28 Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    bamgbost wrote: »
    Well not sure whats going on but the Ombudsman must be having a back log.

I made a complaint ages back to cheque centre, and forwarded their final response to adjudicator. Whom said they agree with me and ordered CC to pay.

They appealed, and its now gone to the ombudsman. Been there for at least 2 mnths or more.

No further response. aaaaargh.

any1 else in same boat?
    Mine has been with the ombudsman since November last year :eek: I keep phoning only to be told it still hasn't been assigned to an actual person yet. Frustrating is the politest way I can put it!
  • sacha28
    Ok....so returning to this thread prompted me to contact the FOS (again) and I was informed of something that I wasn't aware of!

My claim is against Wonga. Apparently the people at Wonga are playing silly beggars (my words paraphrased from what I've been told) and are currently in 'talks' with the FOS about their conduct. This has had a knock on effect for all claims made against Wonga as judgements cannot be made against them whilst these talks are on-going. The FOS advisor I spoke to stated that the length of time I made to wait will increase any compensation....this didn't sound right to me, I thought it was awarded at 8% of the total award not 8% of the time from complaint to payment? If somebody could clarify this for me I would be ever grateful!

So there you have it..... if you have a complaint against Wonga that is currently with the ombudsman, you will be in for a lengthy wait.

15/16 months and still waiting......humpf!
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    sacha28 wrote: »
    The FOS advisor I spoke to stated that the length of time I made to wait will increase any compensation....this didn't sound right to me, I thought it was awarded at 8% of the total award not 8% of the time from complaint to payment? If somebody could clarify this for me I would be ever grateful!

Its still paid at 8% sacha, just for a longer period.

The longer Wonga keep you waiting, the more compo you will get, you are awarded compensation right up until the date of settlement.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sacha28
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Its still paid at 8% sacha, just for a longer period.

The longer Wonga keep you waiting, the more compo you will get, you are awarded compensation right up until the date of settlement.
    Thank you sourcrates, as ever a great help! I've misunderstood how it works which, it appears, is not a bad thing in this case!
  • Thanks to this site & debt camel ive had £2,098 back so far.

1st claim agaisnt Wonga 2010-2015 they wouldnt uphold my complaint. So i reworded my complaint and submitted it a second time as i was put on a DMP in 2014 and they continued to lend to me after that. They upheld my complaint. £1048. The original complaint is now with the adjudicator so hopefully i will get refunds for the loans between 2010-2014. This should be around £4,000

2nd claim against the money shop. 2008-2009. They upheld it no arguments. £800.

3rd claim was a tricky one. Cashier Ltd. i stopped using them in around June 2011, in Novemebr 2011 they was bought out by the money shop and shut down. I had very little proof of loans, maybe one cheque copy. Anyway they offered me £250 to go away. So i snapped there hand off. I really wasnt expecting anything.

4th claim, a hard company to deal with, Shop Direct for a littlewoods catalogue. I posted recorded delivery a complaint for irresponsible lending. 2 weeks later i got a ppi form, was annoyed but filled that in and sent it back. Asked them for a update on my comlaint about irresponsible lending. Nothing, this has gone on for 8 weeks now. Last week i got a letter saying they have upheld my complaint for ppi and require 28day to calculate the sum, bonus i didnt even know i had it and i wasnt what i contacted them for. And finally i have a case handler at Shop Direct who is dealing with my original complaint. Hopefully this will be in the region of £2,500.

I have been in the black for a few years now, i learned my lesson. It nice to have a possitive bank account :D and be out of the debt cycle. Never again
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback