Alarm monthly dialing charges

Looking for any advice we purchased new house with alarm after year we decided alarm should be audible only, got a letter stating they will disconnect the remote connection making it an audible system. Now got charges on my BT Bill of approx £25 per month registered a complaint with copies of my BT bills am I within my rights to have this refunded?

Company won't answer complaint been passed from citizens advise to 5 other places with no help. Any help would be appreciated 😕

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Looking for any advice we purchased new house with alarm after year we decided alarm should be audible only, got a letter stating they will disconnect the remote connection making it an audible system. Now got charges on my BT Bill of approx £25 per month registered a complaint with copies of my BT bills am I within my rights to have this refunded?

Company won't answer complaint been passed from citizens advise to 5 other places with no help. Any help would be appreciated 😕

Well what are the terms. There are loads of systems around which are chargeable. What does moving it from 'remote' to 'audible' mean
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What does moving it from 'remote' to 'audible' mean
    There are 2 basic types of alarm system. One could be referred to as audible only which means that there is a sounder unit on the property and this goes off when the alarm is tripped.

The other type is a remote unit and this means that the alarm unit is connected up to your phone line and when the alarm is tripped a signal is sent to the monitoring company.
    They then generally phone the house to see if it's a false alarm and if not, they will then contact the police.
    With remotely monitored alarms, you can still have a sounder in your house if you wish.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    OP who have you complained to? BT or the alarm company?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure