Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tixy
    • By Tixy 2nd Feb 11, 9:31 AM
    • 31,062Posts
    • 39,469Thanks
    Tixy
    Notice to Newcomers - re Trolls - Part 10
    • 2nd Feb 11, 9:31 AM
    Notice to Newcomers - re Trolls - Part 10 2nd Feb 11 at 9:31 AM
    Hello and Welcome

A long time ago Pania wrote the message below to Newcomers or anyone who comes across a troll on the forum

Over the last few weeks we have had a number of "troll" attacks on the boards.

What is a Troll?
    A troll is a person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board or someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made. If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, asking for help and advice, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty!

What should I do if I get a comment made on my thread?
    Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants. So to get rid of the offending post, at the bottom of the post towards the right hand side you’ll see a red "Warning" triangle within a blue “Report” icon, as shown below:

Click the icon and then "send" the message which will inform the MSE team of the post, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the troll by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT
    Last edited by Tixy; 15-02-2011 at 2:07 PM.
Page 3
    • IF
    • By IF 3rd Feb 11, 5:25 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Hello and Welcome

A long time ago Pania wrote the message below to Newcomers or anyone who comes across a troll on the forum

Over the last few weeks we have had a number of "troll" attacks on the boards.

What is a Troll?
    A troll is a person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board or someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made. If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, asking for help and advice, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty!

What should I do if I get a comment made on my thread?
    Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants. So to get rid of the offending post, at the bottom of the post towards the right hand side you’ll see a red "Warning" triangle within a blue “Abuse” icon, as shown below:

Click the icon and then "send" the message which will inform the abuse team of the post, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the troll by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
    • IF
    • By IF 3rd Feb 11, 5:29 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Thread 10

I remember the original
    Originally posted by Numpty Monkey
    I know Numpty

I only started 'bumping' here on NTN part 6......still a newbie me

Probably a daft question which has been asked and answered before, but why isn't this a stickie? You'll need another one soon at the rate it's being/needing being bumped!
    Originally posted by hannoja
    Hi Hannoja, just answered this on post 38 but not a daft question x
    • hannoja
    • By hannoja 3rd Feb 11, 5:43 PM
    • 1,967 Posts
    • 14,276 Thanks
    hannoja
    Thanks
    I see. Thanks 'horsie'

Thanks for being nice and saying it wasn't a daft question too, since I missed the post/s asking/answering that! (I usually read threads properly, but just scanned quickly this time)

• solventsoon
    • By solventsoon 3rd Feb 11, 7:01 PM
    • 17,281 Posts
    • 81,274 Thanks
    solventsoon
    You Bet, I have a couple of days off and it all starts to stack up.
    Run to the Bottle Bank, Remove all Newspapers from storage Bin, Stack Logs, Take Scrap to dumpit site, Stack more logs, Load back of Lady Hooray's car with cases of wine for the Hunt Meet. Sweep up leaves, Walk Dogs, Bath Dogs, Fix Back Door, Service Car, Change light bulbs. And on it goes.

I might as well stick a Broom up the old Jacksy so I can sweep as I go.

Not bad really, I have had longer lists.

Regards all, Handy.
    Originally posted by handyman123
    Was that before breakfast, Handy.... bl00dy hell that woman expects a lot

Quick bump, Fred's on page 2 again
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time
    • Erme
    • By Erme 3rd Feb 11, 7:10 PM
    • 3,596 Posts
    • 21,542 Thanks
    Erme
    Evening All, Hi Erme, I would have had the floor done by 4 at the latest
    What's the D&G's is it something to do with your new Handbag (Dolci & Gabana ) Tix your also right, No early finish for Handy.
    Little Doggle is down in the dumps and refusing to eat in case it hurts her.
    If she hasn't picked up by tomorrow evening it's back to the vets.

Warning. Has anyone had an email telling them you can catch Swine Flu from tinned Pork.
    Well if you get one. DELETE IT, IT'S SPAM.

Cheers all, back later.
    Handy.
    Originally posted by handyman123
    D&G's= erme lingo for doom & gloom's....ever had that Handy?

feeling bad for just waisting 32 on domain names when I have no stock to sell etc...

E

I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread

• handyman123
    D&G's= erme lingo for doom & gloom's....ever had that Handy?
    E
    Originally posted by Erme
    Yup, I know what you mean. Back in the 80's (I don't expect you to remember that far back, I am a Dinosaur ). I had a breakdown due to overwork and stress. I know how easy it is to fall into a black hole.

I had my fortune read by a Gypsy, she said buy this lucky black plastic Cat. It had lost a leg, part of its tail and an eye had rubbed off.
    "I said how the heck can you call that lucky".

After I had crossed her palm with a fiver (the only way I could get rid of her). She said September the 20th would by my lucky day. (She never said which year. )

She went on to say that I would be fed up and depressed until I was 39. "I said great what happens when I'm 39", "She said you will be used to it by then".

Age has some advantages, you do get used to life spitting in your eye.
    When you can pull yourself back up from the brink, that is a real success. I have seen you do this many times, there's nothing wrong with being down, the thing is to be able to realise that you are cos you are the person best able to deal with it. The folks that really have the problem are those that deny it. (Mrs Handy at the moment).

Cheers Erme, Cheers all.
    Back in a while, Handy.
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.
  • handyman123
    So Handy.

Now you have done that lot what have you to do this afternoon.

Pottsy
    Originally posted by Pott5y
    Hi Pottsy, yes that was the morning list. This afternoon was a trip to the stone masons to collect a slate top for the table I restored last week. Then wash and valet Lady Hoorays 4x4.

If anything it was an easy afternoon.

Tomorrow I have another 1 1/2 tons of logs to stack. No wonder I'm waisting away. Time for another Scrumpy methinks.

Regards, Handy.
    Last edited by handyman123; 03-02-2011 at 7:39 PM. Reason: Typo (Read Wash and Valet Lady Hooray) LOL
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    • boultdj
    • By boultdj 3rd Feb 11, 8:39 PM
    • 4,505 Posts
    • 33,129 Thanks
    boultdj
    Evening All, and I'll join you in a cider handy.
    • IF
    • By IF 3rd Feb 11, 10:22 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Oooh I'll join you and Handy in a cider boult
  • swanfan02
    Oooh I'll join you and Handy in a cider boult
    Originally posted by ifwisheswerehorses...
    An evening all i think If... drinks too much bump!!

And i don't want the world to see me. Cos i don't think that they'd understand.
    When everything's made to be broken. I just want you to know who i am.
    • IF
    • By IF 3rd Feb 11, 10:38 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    An evening all i think If... drinks too much bump!!
    Originally posted by swanfan02
    Can't think what you mean Swanny!!
  • handyman123
    A Good Night Scrumpy all round
    Last year was good for the Scrumpy harvest. Trouble is it doesn't travel too well. I took some Oop North for little sis. By the time it had done a 6 hour journey it was only fit for sprinkling on chips as cider vinegar.

Much better to sup it straight from the VAT.
    Well that's enough of Handy's drunken Ramblings, see you all in the morning. TFIF. (Thanks Friends it's Friday, or something like that )
    Regards, Handy.
    • thechippy
    • By thechippy 3rd Feb 11, 11:43 PM
    • 1,919 Posts
    • 2,480 Thanks
    thechippy
    Night guys and gals..........
    Happiness, is a Kebab called Doner.....
    • solventsoon
    • By solventsoon 4th Feb 11, 12:37 AM
    • 17,281 Posts
    • 81,274 Thanks
    solventsoon
    And a good night from me as well
  • Pott5y
    Hi Poostix, Unfortunately not all Newbies read the sticky's first but do tend to view a moving thread!! For example NTN Part 9 was started in Oct 2010 and had 54,550 views!!

Best wishes
    If...x

Now you have me intrigued Pottsy.......Twinkle Toes Night??
    Originally posted by ifwisheswerehorses...
    Morning all.

Well If... Brucey had better watch out.... not . Thursday night is Lindy hop night!! My OH has twinkle toes and I have 2 left feet - only problem being I am right footed

Handy... you take it steady moving all those logs... I'd have at least a cuppa thinking about it first!
    ps. It will help with the hangover

Pottsy
  • handyman123
    Good Morning All, Windy old night wasn't it?
    Will try to get down to the harbour this afternoon to get pictures of the breakers. It almost blew the dogglies off their feet this morning.

Just waiting for the logs to arrive

Cheers all, Handy.
    • Tixy
    • By Tixy 4th Feb 11, 9:35 AM
    • 31,062 Posts
    • 39,469 Thanks
    Tixy
    Morning All

I was going to ask about twinkle toes night as well Pottsy. Pottsy are you a guy? Blimey lindy hop night very impressive! hope you didn't 'hop' onto your OHs toes too many times!

This wind is terrible, I was buffeted around everso on the dual carriageway - I don't know how lorry drivers manage to stay in their lanes (well most of them anyway).

And finally - its time for friday wiggles

A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give

or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Pott5y
    Tixy.

Yep I am a guy... well was the last time I looked . The one that has to do all the hard work when dancing. Thinking and leading... 2 things at once. not good

Well at least it got me in the mood for wigglin' today

Pottsy
  • Pott5y
    Yippee Lunch-time at last. Seemed a long morning this morning.

Anyway quick bump as we had dropped off the page

Pottsy
    • solventsoon
    • By solventsoon 4th Feb 11, 12:21 PM
    • 17,281 Posts
    • 81,274 Thanks
    solventsoon
    Tixy.

Yep I am a guy... well was the last time I looked . The one that has to do all the hard work when dancing. Thinking and leading... 2 things at once. not good

Well at least it got me in the mood for wigglin' today

Pottsy
    Originally posted by Pott5y
    And I could be extremely sexist here and say one more than most men can manage, but I'm not like that

Hope you had a good evening.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,100Posts Today

7,341Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Have you ever been scammed? If so did you keep it quiet? If not would you keep it quiet or tell people? Please vot? https://t.co/68bkmbT9gc

• Follow Martin