Glenrothes Good and Bad Areas

I am looking to buy a place in Glenrothes and I have checked your previous topics regarding the areas to stay away from in the town. I understand that Tanshall and Caskieberran are considered 'bad', but what about Cadham?

Any advice would be highly appreciated :j

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    VSB87 wrote: »
    I am looking to buy a place in Glenrothes and I have checked your previous topics regarding the areas to stay away from in the town. I understand that Tanshall and Caskieberran are considered 'bad', but what about Cadham?

Any advice would be highly appreciated :j

Where are you moving from and why only glenrothes?

Here is an opinion from a local. Please be aware that this is fife speak. Sorry https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/glenrothes.html

Anyway bad areas are: Tanshall, Macedonia, Caskieberran and Auchmuty.

Good areas are: Newcastle, South parks, Rimbleton, Woodside. Pitteuchar, and Stenton.

Cadham is a mix.

Depends on budget most are ex council.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • VSB87
    VSB87 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Thank you,

I am moving from Dundee to Glenrothes. I was looking at Glenrothes specifically because I found a house in Cadham that I was interested in but I am not sure. The areas where I am house searching though are Leven / Glenrothes / Dunfermline / Alloa / Falkirk because I need to be closer to work.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,684
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    That is a large area, where do you work?
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport