Dont Be Put Off By Advice

Options

Comments

• Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are on a DMP then you were lucky to get that rate from C&G. If you went to the open market you would end up on sub prime rates, which start around 7% if you are lucky, and typically run around 8 to 8.5%.
    Is any of your 30k secured against your property? If it is you would have problems getting a remortgage at all without clearing all the secured lending with a huge expensive new mortgage.

Whether or not you should add that 30k to your mortgage is debatable anyway. Generally this sort of consolidation does not work in the long term, is very expensive and secures a lot of unsecured debt unnescesarily. I don't know enough of your financial background to say consolidation might help you, but I suspect not.
    Overall the C&G deal is pretty good in your circumstances, and the longer you fixed for the better.
    Regards

The 8% comment was me. As has been pointed out, my information was out of date and sub prime rates have fallen whilst more high street lenders are drifting into sub prime markets (allegedly).
    However, I stand by the point of my post in that the OP did not provide any financial background to their debts and I seem to be the only one who tried to warn of the pitfalls of consolidating and increasing the mortgage.

Where as I freely acknowledge that the advisors who post on here know alot more than me about mortgages, maybe they are not the best people to ask whether or not the person needs a remortgage.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmm. That looks quite harsh. No insult intended but its how I feel.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • AndyWallace
    Options
    kenshaz wrote:
    I told you that the clique would arrive ,like magic,and just read my post no personal comments ,just compare my post with the one above and all is revealed.I wish they could forget about me and just peddle their wares.Also watch how they support each other with clicking each others thanks .Also observe how she draws in the support of the other brokers,.The other brokers will now pile in.Also you get ,the want to be brokers ,who work for the institutions as tied advisor's who follow the trail of fish like sea-gulls giving additional support.

lol. Quite funny.

Andy
  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome back Kenshaz - long time no see
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • MortgageMamma
    Options
    kenshaz wrote:
    I told you that the clique would arrive ,like magic,and just read my post no personal comments ,just compare my post with the one above and all is revealed.I wish they could forget about me and just peddle their wares.Also watch how they support each other with clicking each others thanks .Also observe how she draws in the support of the other brokers,.The other brokers will now pile in.Also you get ,the want to be brokers ,who work for the institutions as tied advisor's who follow the trail of fish like sea-gulls giving additional support.

You are in the wrong forum mate! Comedy is in the moneysavingarms.

when you say something constructive and helpful to forum users rather than waging your own personal vendetta about against advisers who have upset your delicate balancewho do not glorify L & G then you may be taken seriously.

Also, seagulls arnt around to support fish - they actually eat them. Analogy doesnt really work.

When did they let you out by the way?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    kenshaz wrote:

Absolute genius. Very entertaining.
  • kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    herbiesjp wrote:
    Welcome back Kenshaz - long time no see.
    te170_seagull_s_.jpginto_the_horizon_s_.jpg
    Nothing has changed.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    see threads

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=3334917#post3334917

I have no idea if Xbigman is in the industry-
    either way he raised some good points

BUT the comments in
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=3280060#post3280060

seem fine to me
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was advised by several people on this column that I would be lucky to find another lender willing to lend below a rate of 8% & lucky to even to find one to lend at all!:confused:

That does not really look the case from the threads

although would agree with
    dont take everything you read on here as gospel go to a broker to see how the land really lies.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The original poster has an opinion,very often other post's can shoot from the hip and dishearten individuals it is the nature of public forum's and once again follow Martin's advice and realise the nature of the discussion because that is what it is.Always confirm and verify pointers that you might receive,sending you in a direction without commitment.
    I would also give note to those who have delusions of grandeur.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure