Fantastic tradition for little ones

Options

Comments

• PINKIE1_2
    Options
    feel free to copy the snow idea. if you go to magical elf site the sell pots of it for i think $17 (and if you read on the site it is hole punched paper!) as i said i hole punched somepaper, and added some polystyrene (small) balls, got a plastic bag (bit bigger than money bag, had sequins in) and put them all in it. i wrote on the bag in permant marker pen "megic elf snow" and then put seloptape over all 4 sides and the writing. I am NOT pickingup loose balls of snow every day.

DSCF2488.jpg

the elf reports are A5 thereabouts, they have name, age, boy/girl at the top, then a bit that says report notes and laods of lines, at the bottom it says additional notes for santa, leave presents yes/no signed........ elf.

sleeping bag - i've stitched a flannel to make a pocket, BUT i am open to other peoples ideas to make it better.
    I used christmas stocking to make my sleeping bags.I undid the stitching then cut the material into rectangles then stiched them up.the red felt from the top of the stocking i made a pillow with and stiched this to the bag.then i used glitter glue to write name on.it looks lovely.
  • fletty
    fletty Posts: 731 Forumite
    Options
    I've been on all weekend preparing for our elf to arrive on Monday. Only discovered about them on Wed ordered one of ebay that night. Sent the letter from sants explainng what's happening to my kids on Friday morning and thats all they've talked about littlest so excited he wouldn't goto bed! Went shoppng on Saturday and got 2 lovely red teatowels to make a pillow and blanket for his bed which I spent all last night hand stiching, I also got a lovely christmas stocking with santas face on to make a travelng bag for him to arrive in.
    My daughter wanted to know all sorts of things about our elf and wrote a note to him and put it up the chimmney so i spent another hour composing a reply and printing out stationary.
    I think I'm more excited then the kids are!!!!
    3800836028586464_1.jpg This is a picture of our elf unfortunatley we couldn't decide on a name untill we'd drank a bottle of wine so its 'peppermint sparkle ankles'. How's all your preperations going and what sort of things will they get up to?
    :beer:
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    i couldnt think of a xmasy name for ours and wanted something little 1 would remember so he is called bertie elfkins. his passport is made, his bag of snow is made (see above posts), his bed is made, his introduction letter is printed, i have taken a photo of him and his passport to go in our "elf journal" (a4 notebook, i intend to write down what he does etc!). his elf report is printed, just got to sort out him getting here tomorrow..... i think i may have him appear on my sofa once the kids are in bed tonight!!!!

as for adventures, his 1st is putting up the xmas tree and decs whilst kids are at playschool and school tomorrow. then we will see what happens!
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • fletty
    Options
    Peppermint will appear in the fireplace with his ntroduction letter, passport and journal (autograph book from the pound shop) in his traveling bag. No elf report yet printer started to play up - got some snow from the pound shop too it's a big bag full of glitter and plastic snow. Hope the kids keep excited - are you going to let them touch Bertie or will you keep him out of the way?
  • growingafamily
    Options
    The DVD lol.
    My poor husband, dressed as Santa, stood in our loft (it has a red brick wall on one side) where our 3 yr old has never been, surrounded by tinsel etc LOL
    Just saying hello and telling DS that he knows being good is sometimes hard for a little boy of 3 so he is sending some help in the form of his Elf, Soren. He will be there to fill out an elf report and to help our family put a twinkle into our Christmas !
    Also that as his sister Rosie is only a baby he is sending a baby elf to keep her company each year until she is 3 and old enough to look after her own Elf.
  • growingafamily
    Options
    Told him to put a sherbert lemon under the tree and in the morning he'll be there.
    (Our elf will eat sherbert lemons !! LOL)
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    bless i like the idea of the dvd, but as i found out at a concert the other night it doesnt record sound!!!

not sure if i'm going to them touch bertie or not. in "the elf rules" it does say that he's not a toy to be played with BUT can be touched as long as an adult is present.
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • fletty
    Options
    where did you get your elf rules? did ypu just make them up or are they posted somewhere?
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    i made them up -

the elf is NOT a toy, therefore it cant be played with

the elf can only be touched when an adult is present

the elf needs to be put in his sleeping bag near the christmas tree at night and needs his bag of magic elf snow put in with him,

the elf MUST be kept away from the dogs at all times or he will return to santa

the elf needs a pinch of food on a plate each day

on christmas eve, the elf and all of his belongings need to be put in the kitchen for santa to find and take back to the north pole

again, feel free to copy them, and alter as you need,

DSCF2537.jpg here's bertie and his sleeping bag (now the foot of an old stocking), his passport, elf journal, elf reports, intorduction letter and magic snow.

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • ambernora
    Options
    I can't wait for tomorrow. Jelly, Jingle and Jasper are coming. We started the elf tradition last year so my dd's are expecting them and have done nothing but talk about them all week. The elves will be arriving in a foam sleigh, with a mailbox to communicate with Santa, passports, letter from Santa, a sleeping bag and a notebook. This year I have decided that the elves will leave crafts for the kids to do after school(if we have time), as well as a gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure