Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • becca0417
    • By becca0417 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    • 3,107Posts
    • 14,372Thanks
    becca0417
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28
    • 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28 10th Feb 14 at 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Although this thread started back in 2014 it has a long history and is still going strong in 2019!

Back to becca0417's original post:

What's it about?

Back in July 2006 Bailey started this thread to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be.

Now it's not just for those that are pregnant but also those trying to conceive and MoneySavers that have probably already given birth and yet are probably too tired to let everyone know.

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list, adding themselves to one of these categories (the last one, people are moved to for obvious reasons!):

EDD (Estimated due date if you're pregnant)
    TTC (trying to conceive if you're not) we now have 2 seperate threads for people TTC - 'Trying for a Baby' and 'Trying for a baby (12+ M/not straightforward)'
    Birth List
    Probably given birth but too worn out to log on list

If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:

Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
    Scroll down until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
    Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
    Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
    Add yourself to the list then click save
    And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.

Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post).

If you're new to the Forum it can look scattergun but read down and remember it's a conversation, starting with first post, scrolling forward for the latest. To reply you'll need to join the Forum but it's free to do.

This is a continuation of this thread which will be closed due to it's length.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 15-01-2019 at 4:17 PM.
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14
Page 542
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 22nd Feb 19, 6:14 PM
    • 3,320 Posts
    • 3,295 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    I’m 31 weeks tomorrow but got protein in my urine and blood pressure of 130/90 so got to go to the hospital more :/ could do with him holding on 6 weeks or more longer hopefully
    roll on 27th April 2019 or there abouts *34 done* = *6 to go*
    • lola25
    • By lola25 22nd Feb 19, 6:53 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    lola25
    Hi Rambosmum

Awww, I hope that she is settling in well

I am doing ok thank you, 37 weeks on Sunday. I have one more week left at work, and then I am off!

xx
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You are on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the woman who will decide where to go

2019 Bride 09.11.2019
    • lola25
    • By lola25 22nd Feb 19, 6:55 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    lola25
    Hi dawyldthing, fingers crossed he will stay put for a few more weeks at least! At least they can monitor you and make sure everything is ok for when he does arrive. x
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You are on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the woman who will decide where to go

2019 Bride 09.11.2019
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 27th Feb 19, 12:23 PM
    • 1,990 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    How are you getting on Dwadly and Lola really hoping they've got your blood pressure under control Dwadly and you can hold on a few more weeks.
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 28th Feb 19, 9:36 PM
    • 3,320 Posts
    • 3,295 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    Blood pressure is between 130/90 and 120/90 so they’ve got me keep going to get it checked. Proteins gone from my urine so lucky if I can work that out. But other than that I’m not doing too bad bar my feet swelling. How’s the lil one doing?
    • lola25
    • By lola25 2nd Mar 19, 10:36 AM
    • 54 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    lola25
    Hi Rambosmum and Dawyldthing

Dawyldthing, I am pleased to hear that the proteins gone, fingers crossed your blood pressure will reduce too.

Rambosmum, how is your little girl settling in? I hope you are all doing well?

I had my last day at work yesterday, so am officially off! It is all starting to seem very close now...just hoping I can get a few more bits done before little one arrives!

I hope you all have nice weekends.

2019 Bride 09.11.2019
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 2nd Mar 19, 3:41 PM
    • 1,990 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    Enjoy mat leave before little one arrives lola

Glad your proteins are gone Dawdly

My little girl is doing well, bit snuffly at the moment so sleep has gone out of the window! I'm finding it hard to adjust to feminine pronouns and keep saying he, little fells etc (because my older child is a boy).

Unfortunately I think I have PND again, but going to get some help this time!
    • lola25
    • By lola25 5th Mar 19, 6:00 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    lola25
    Hi Rambosmum

Glad your little one is doing well, hopefully her sniffles wont last too long.

It certainly sounds as though you have noticed the signs of PND early, and fingers crossed the support will work for you. This is something that does worry me, as I am not sure I would know the signs immediately. The healthcare visitors seem very good about discussing any concerns, but I feel as though it is something that isn't talked about openly enough.

xx

2019 Bride 09.11.2019
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 5th Mar 19, 11:39 PM
    • 3,320 Posts
    • 3,295 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    I know one of the things the health visitor said to me was I’d get used to her asking ‘how are you today?’ It’s deffo worth getting the support from them. One of my really good uni friends suffered with it but seems ok now (lil one will be 2 in 2 months) after having help. Just remember you are doing fab and don’t be hard on yourself
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 5th Mar 19, 11:40 PM
    • 3,320 Posts
    • 3,295 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    https://www.facebook.com/408867109508530/posts/719873825074522?sfns=mo

I actually saw this only a few minutes ago, but might help to see the signs too
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 6th Mar 19, 2:31 PM
    • 1,990 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    https://www.facebook.com/408867109508530/posts/719873825074522?sfns=mo

I actually saw this only a few minutes ago, but might help to see the signs too
    Originally posted by dawyldthing
    That's really good.

I'd add:

name regret (wondering if you've called baby the wrong name)
    unexplained anger/ frustration
    'fog' feeling
    wanting to go out/ feeling really lonely but the thought of actually going out is just too much
    overly anxious
    • Celepie
    • By Celepie 7th Mar 19, 8:49 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 178 Thanks
    Celepie
    Hope you’re ok Rambosmum. Recognising it is half the challenge I think so good for you.

My baby is a month old on Sat! I don’t know where the time goes. So far she’s a very easy baby, although fully prepared for that not to last! We’ve started getting out to baby groups now, and it’s nice to get out of the house. Her dad is back to work on Monday though, so hope we will cope!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,044Posts Today

4,943Users online

Martin's Twitter