Focus, Action & Consistency is the Key!

Comments

• I'm glad you have nice plans with your mother. A show in London where you can forget about office shenanigans may be what you need right now.

The office sounds very unsettling but I am wondering if there might be an opportunity here too. I know you have a new lifestyle planned. If you decided to jump sooner rather than later could you also negotiate a good package that could springboard you to the next phase? Just a thought.

Enjoy the show :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello DIA. There are no offers of packages at this time, and sadly no guarantee that there will be. That is my preferred option, but I have to wait and see if it happens. By now we would have expected at least some noise of this option, but nothing for us standard staff as yet. My hope is once we move across they'll look at a reshuffle when the urgent work is complete.

I'm hoping a nice weekend with a show will be a tonic so that I can start fresh back to work when next week and cope better than I am this week.
  • Hi MT .

Sorry that the alarm problem is still ongoing . Um, no I did not entirely keep a straight face at the time of my alarm issue. I was constantly walking into the kitchen trying not to laugh too much .
    The remainder of the time I looked like I swallowed a full water bottle about to deflate at any minute :rotfl:

Anyway, please don't let the takeover/ merge on the job front get to you too much . Just think of your plans that you have .
    You have a lot of people that you will be in touch with by the sound of it . Enjoy the time with your mum ..
  • MuffinTops
    Forumite
    Thanks AC. I appreciate the support and encouragement.
  • MuffinTops
    Forumite
    It's almost the end of my working week and I've decided to draw a line under it and dig out my big girl pants. I've not enjoyed this week at all and have felt really down and that's not how I function, so I've had words with myself and I'll sort it out.

On a positive note, I contacted the people in my department who are leaving and asked if I can organise their leaving drinks for them. They all go within the next 3 weeks and none have made any hint of arranging anything so they jumped at it, which pleased me. I've sorted a date, now just need to decide on a venue that is as cheap as possible as we won't have been paid and everyone is skint after Christmas!

Just 10 minutes left of my week. A bit of time to update YNAB for the weekend so that I don't overspend. I need to pop into Holland & Barrett this evening on my way home too as my Mum needs a few supplies that I said I'd take to her when I visit tomorrow to collect her.

I doubt I'll get any chance to log on here so have a budget friendly and lovely weekend.

MTx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    A Wotherspoons or similar?

Enjoy your weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hi MT

Sounds like your contractor is from the Stoke area?? I'm not to far from there so we have breakfast, dinner and tea to :rotfl::rotfl: I'll make sure that I say it your way though when we chat :rotfl::rotfl:

Hope you have a lovely weekend with your Mum. Sorry you have had such a carp time in work this week. Just keep pushing through and you will get your dreams in the end.

Catch up with you over the weekend.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • MuffinTops
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    A Wotherspoons or similar?

Enjoy your weekend :)

I'm not sure there's one near where we work, but you have given me a good idea of a place that is reasonable and will let me hire a sectioned off area for free. Thank you.

I hope you're having a good weekend.
  • MuffinTops
    Forumite
    Hi MT

Sounds like your contractor is from the Stoke area?? I'm not to far from there so we have breakfast, dinner and tea to :rotfl::rotfl: I'll make sure that I say it your way though when we chat :rotfl::rotfl:

Hope you have a lovely weekend with your Mum. Sorry you have had such a carp time in work this week. Just keep pushing through and you will get your dreams in the end.

Catch up with you over the weekend.

Tink xx

I still need to ask him where he's from, but no need to change your terminology, Tink. I get it. I just find it really funny that he doesn't want me to think he's asking me out on a date. There is actually a historic story to this too, but it's too long winded and boring to go into.

Great catching up. Enjoy what's left of your weekend.

MTxx
  • MuffinTops
    Forumite
    Well it's been a pretty uneventful 10 days so I didn't really have much to post. I have been to see Thriller and also Cirque de Soleil though and both were excellent. I preferred Cirque, but Thriller is definitely worth a try. They did get us standing up in seats and dancing during Thriller which is really awkward as there's no room to do anything but an awkward wiggle. h07030.gif Other than the major extroverts who like to create a body tsunami with their exaggerated dancing. h07112.gifThey do bring the mood up though, so that's always a good thing. :D

Financially I've managed to keep fairly well to budget. The 2 forgotten expense claims I put through are almost ready to be paid and now I have one more as I spent a couple of days in Birmingham last week.

I also did manage to get my head sorted with losing so many people I've loved being around for so long. It also prompted me to make a proper effort to meet up with some ex colleagues and that's been reassuring enough too.

So other than that there's not been a great deal to report. Life is ticking along nicely and January is dragging its heels as it usually does. I think I've paid up my council tax for the year, so have 2 "free" months to look forward to there, which will all help. I've also found a ton of supermarket money off vouchers, hopefully enough again to not need to spend from salary, so I'll try to have another Free February this year.

I hope you're all having a great week so far.

MTxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure