Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Comments

• nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 351
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Morning All,

EDF - as seems to be their norm now, excellent turnaround of this quarters FIT.

Reading submitted last Thursday 1st March and monies pending for payment into our bank account tomorrow - Wednesday.

Keep up the good work EDF.

Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,230
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Scottish Power.
    Result reported early hours of 1st April.
    Money credited to bank account 16th

No better or worse than their usual performance.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    EricMears wrote: »
    Scottish Power.
    Result reported early hours of 1st April.
    Money credited to bank account 16th
    Same here. It varies by a few days each time but generally 2-3 weeks.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,838
    Forumite
    kittie wrote: »
    good energy

reading received by them 7th december
    They receive ofgem money on 14th february
    28th february and still not in my bank account

I sent my first reading to Good Energy in March.

You should expect your FIT payment by 4 June 2018.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,532
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Latest FIT payment just arrived from British Gas. Reading was submitted on Sunday so 5 working days to arrive. Surprised to hear that other companies are still so slow or struggling
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Trentenders
    Trentenders Posts: 1,268
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The only problem with BG is that they send a cheque. Who does that in this century?
  • The_Green_Hornet
    The_Green_Hornet Posts: 1,416
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    The only problem with BG is that they send a cheque. Who does that in this century?

I have a long held theory that companies who send cheques do so in the hope that some of them won't get cashed.
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 797
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have a long held theory that companies who send cheques do so in the hope that some of them won't get cashed.

... and they keep the money in their bank for another week for those that do.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,838
    Forumite
    I have just had to be in touch with my energy provider, Scottish Power, they have said this

"However, Your solar panel and Smart meter is compatible with each other. I have exported your solar panel reading which is 798 units for the date 14.05.2018. You can provide this reading in Feed in Tariff or If you want any further help you can also contact our Microgen /FIT team on 0845 270 1414/ 0800 001 5156."

Scottish Power provide my energy, but they are NOT my FIT agent.

I am with Good Energy, and awaiting my first payment, not sure why they mention 798 units FIT!!
    I may switch to having one agent for all, but I am with SP until 2019
  • Exiled_Tyke
    Exiled_Tyke Posts: 1,185
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    sevenhills wrote: »
    I have just had to be in touch with my energy provider, Scottish Power, they have said this

"However, Your solar panel and Smart meter is compatible with each other. I have exported your solar panel reading which is 798 units for the date 14.05.2018. You can provide this reading in Feed in Tariff or If you want any further help you can also contact our Microgen /FIT team on 0845 270 1414/ 0800 001 5156."

Scottish Power provide my energy, but they are NOT my FIT agent.

I am with Good Energy, and awaiting my first payment, not sure why they mention 798 units FIT!!
    I may switch to having one agent for all, but I am with SP until 2019

It looks like they are simply showing off by telling you that their smart meter is so clever it's even been able to read your PV meter. (And I suppose implying that if you change FIT supplier they could possibly automate FIT payments?) It looks like you can just ignore this and just provide meter readings to your FIT provider. .
    Install 28th Nov 15, 3.3kW, (11x300LG), SolarEdge, SW. W Yorks.
    Install 2: Sept 19, 600W SSE
    Solax 6.3kWh battery
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport