Options
2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JustBill wrote: »
    I joined the Cheap Energy Club (CEC) about three years ago and have used it twice to switch, these have gone well, but this one to Green Network Energy hasn't happened at all to date, my current provider is E-ON and my year long tariff with them runs out on Monday the 8th of October 2018,

I started my switch on the 19th of September 2018 to Green Network Energy, that is two weeks and three days ago, according to the CEC I should here within two weeks, well that has passed and not a dicky bird, This is one of the recommended tariffs by CEC and I got in before the deadline which they estimated as the 26th of September 2018.

There was £25.00 cash back and I would make a saving of £90.00 a year, so because I haven't heard at all from Green Network Energy (I've even called them and the say they have no record of any switch from CEC), I will now lose any discount, because I will go on the E-On standard tariff on Monday the 8th of October 2018.

I am really frustrated and worried, because I am on a very low income and really don't know how I am to meet the cost of E-On's standard tariff?

Check with E.oN and ask them to confirm that they have details of your switch request? If they have, they could just be working through a backlog and when they get around to detail with your request, they will backdate your tariff to the date of application.

The following applies to all suppliers. If a consumer is applying to change a tariff within their existing fixed contract period with their existing supplier, then this is treated as a mutual variation of an existing contract. There is no 'cooling off' period and the tariff change is usually made straight away.

Secondly, in the case of a change of suppliers, then provided that the existing supplier is notified that a transfer is in progress via Industry procedures no later than fixed contract end date plus 20 days, then tariff protection applies until the transfer goes through. If you have been moved onto a SVT, then a credit is usually applied to the Final Bill.
  • Liza1
    Options
    I recently tried switching from SSE to Green Network Energy having been encouraged from this site. GnE have been soooo frustrating and useless so im cancelling and switchibg back! Ive been trying to establish from them the night hours for Econony 7 and have been given no less than 4 different answers They clearly do not know!I have been v unimpressed with their complaints dpt and still no resolve as they insist on charging me £25 cancellation fee for a service ive not recieved! Its taken hours of my time so will take a while before I ever try again. Better tge devil you know and at least SSE are efficient and can get hold of someone when needed.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Liza1 wrote: »
    I recently tried switching from SSE to Green Network Energy having been encouraged from this site. GnE have been soooo frustrating and useless so im cancelling and switchibg back! Ive been trying to establish from them the night hours for Econony 7 and have been given no less than 4 different answers They clearly do not know!I have been v unimpressed with their complaints dpt and still no resolve as they insist on charging me £25 cancellation fee for a service ive not recieved! Its taken hours of my time so will take a while before I ever try again. Better tge devil you know and at least SSE are efficient and can get hold of someone when needed.

Suppliers will not know this infomatio, not even SSE..
    But if you are unhappy with GNE, then switch elsewhere.
    There plenty of suppliers out there tochoose from willing to take your money off you. It's be exactly the same enrgy flowin g through the same wires/pipes and meters, just the amount you pay will be higher.

(Welcome to moneySAVINGexpert, btw ;))

Early exits fees may apply dependant on the terms you agreed to (unless you cancel in accordance with the cooling off procedure)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure