Comments

• powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,469
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Honestly the retailer will be thinking

1. They wanted to return because it was too high

2. Now they want to return it because its not comfortable

3. after both those options failed, they want to return it because it is sagging...

Eaxctly whats I was thinking. Throw enough excuses and see which one sticks.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Ivy82 wrote: »
    Exactly, but Im fighting right from the beginning, whats the point in having unhappy customer? I cant do anything as the case was with ombudsman, its mattress which I cant hide or store in a cupboard, its in my bedroom and I'm stuck!

The retailer is not required to lose out financially because it is higher than you expected.

You made a poor choice in mattress. The only person who is at fault is you, and therefore you have to face the loss. Sell it. It looks unused...
  • Ivy82
    Ivy82 Posts: 25
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Will I not stand any ground if I go to Trading Standards or to my credit card company?
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    We tried using the mattress cautiously not allowing our toddler around, but we started to develop backache. we expected the mattress to be softer given the thickness, but it gets harder after a while increasing the pressure points, causing discomfort.

This makes no sense.

If I get backache I need to sleep on a hard surface. usually the floor.
  • Ivy82
    Forumite
    Honestly the retailer will be thinking

1. They wanted to return because it was too high

2. Now they want to return it because its not comfortable

3. after both those options failed, they want to return it because it is sagging...
    Carrot007 wrote: »
    This makes no sense.

If I get backache I need to sleep on a hard surface. usually the floor.
    I was advised by the bed company to try for few nights, now we dont sleep on it and get no backache
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,469
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Will I not stand any ground if I go to Trading Standards or to my credit card company?

Trading standards dont deal with the public, you will need to speak to CAB.

You can speak to your credit card, however they might still ask for some proof just as the ADR did.
  • marliepanda

CC company - no, you may initially get joy but the company can easily defend this.

What are you going to say to trading standards?

The FO has clearly stated your next course of action, you need to get a report stating that this sagging is a fault.
    I can confirm that you wish to gain your own report before engaging someone, you will bear the costs associated with the report regarding your claim.
    For us to consider the report we would need the following;
    1. Brief curriculum vitae setting out the experience and relevant qualifications of the technician;
    2. Identifiable company name or workplace address;
    3. Opinion with details of any technician specifications;
    4. Photographs.
  • Ivy82
    Forumite
    edited 10 July 2018 at 3:04PM
    Trading standards dont deal with the public, you will need to speak to CAB.

You can speak to your credit card, however they might still ask for some proof just as the ADR did.

I should have stayput when I rang them on day 6, awaited so long and got no luck!!!!
  • Ivy82
    Forumite
    CC company - no, you may initially get joy but the company can easily defend this.

What are you going to say to trading standards?

The FO has clearly stated your next course of action, you need to get a report stating that this sagging is a fault.

I will get in touch with the retailer to get this accessed as I'm sure they would have someone, ofcourse ready to pay for inspection provided its reasonable.
  • marliepanda
    I will get in touch with the retailer to get this accessed as I'm sure they would have someone, ofcourse ready to pay for inspection provided its reasonable.

Im sure that you will require a paid for independent report.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure